Wifi Connectivity and VPNs

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have been trying for a week to get my iPhone to connect to the wifi on my new Bull. I tried splitting my wifi signal into separate 2.4 and 5 GHz channels, made sure my phone was on a 2.4 GHz channel, located a wifi extender right next to my grill, and tried a separate wifi hotspot. I spent time on the phone with Barrett at Rec Tec going through the connection procedure, but nothing worked. He finally decided to send me a new controller.

Then while reading old posts here I found one in which the poster said his VPN caused connectivity problems. I immediately knew that was that was the answer.

As soon as I could get back to my grill, I turned off my VPN and tried to connect. Failure again! I looked at the VPN again, and it was back on. It seems to restart itself. So I turned it off and tried connecting again. This time I immediately went back to the VPN setting and found it on again. I quickly turned it off and waited for the connection sequence to complete. Bingo! Connected! After the initial connection, the phone connects to the grill without turning off the VPN.

Hope this will help someone with similar connectivity problems.

Sounds like the issue I had... It took a while for the two to decide they were OK with each other,

That was my problem. VPN was the killer. Fixed like you did. ??

I called Rec Tec to return the unneeded wifi controller, and they told me to keep it. Guess I have a spare. If anyone needs one, let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back