Wifi issues

Jasontetzlaff

Recently I have been experiencing issues with the app.

When I exit the app and reload it will eventually display the temp. However, it's says it is off and won't display the probes unless I unplug them and plug them back in. I also have toturn it on in the app and then reset the set temperature so I can control it again. Also, the temp graph is from yesterday's cook and is not updated for today's.

I have not noticed this before and it is very inconvenient when switching between networks. Every time my phone connects to a different network, like when I leave the house, i get a disconnect warning and then have to connect again and turn back on, set the temp but get no temp probes.

I have tried with battery optimization on and off and get the same result. I do admit battery optimization off on the app got rid of the constant device disconnect warnings though.

DDoes anyone else have this same issue. Or, can you back out of the control, come back in and it shows the current data?

@Jasontetzlaff I haven't contacted Rec Tec yet, but too have seen issues with the app.

I'm noticing the app constantly showing a disconnected error message. I can click okay to clear the message and can monitor and control the grill as normal but I will get the disconnected error message probably 4-5 times in say a couple hour long cook.

Oddly enough, this happens when I'm at home so it's not like the wifi signal gets dropped or I change networks (like you've said you've done) it's always on the wifi.

I think only once have I had to actually exit the app and re-open it to regain control of the grill. It's usually just the annoying error messages that I just have to clear out or ignore.

I get the same device disconnect error several times per hour. The device never actually shows disconnected, and it always happens when I'm at home as well. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. Clearly a software issue but at least it still works. Lol.

I get the device disconnected at every cook, kinda annoying cause you have to look and make sure it's still lit. Almost ready to install my old controller back in.

I get the device disconnected at every cook, kinda annoying cause you have to look and make sure it's still lit. Almost ready to install my old controller back in.
While I get the disconnect message I have yet to have the grill turn off on me because of it.

I get the "Device Disconnect" message every few minutes throughout the cook. Because of this error message, the alarms for temp are essentially completely useless because my phone goes off every couple of minutes....

Same problem for me. App is useless. I have broad wifi cover. Grill 15 ft from router and on my Android phone I get device disconnects every minute. Useless. I am not recommending Rec Tec until this gets fixed.

Is this known to be an Android issue? I set mine up via iPhone and it works like a champ.

I am using an Android phone and have yet to have an issue with disconnects in my 6 months of use now with my RT-700. It works quiet well and have done many overnight cooks. All of the alarms work great. too.

I would check the wi-fi antenna on your controller and see where it is positioned under the controller shelf. I like having mine protruding out beyond the steel. If you are getting disconnects that means the Rec Tec is loosing connection to the routers wi-fi. I have an AT&T router and have enabled the "Guess" network for 2.4ghz which I select when connecting on my phone. My router is back in my office and my grill is out on the deck on the opposite side of the house in a single level home.

If loosing connection, a wi-fi booster of some sort may be needed or a different location or position for the grill/router.

Well consider your selves lucky as i cant even get mine to want to do anything besides not pair.ive even brought the grill inside my house and sit next to the router,disabled the 5G network taken off passcode security,you name it.ive never been so frustrated in my life.either they are using cheapo parts or i dont know what.i notice traeger doesnt care if your on 2.4 or 5 g network,hell i can even enter passcode in.why i bought the rec tec in the first place quality and being able to fire this up from the couch

I didnt,but was finally able to get it going and hooked up.45 min trouble shooting session over the new year with zach at rec tec made it all better

Same problem for me. App is useless. I have broad wifi cover. Grill 15 ft from router and on my Android phone I get device disconnects every minute. Useless. I am not recommending Rec Tec until this gets fixed.
Mine Works like a champ, I have a I-Phone and the router is about 35ft away, this sounds like it may be a Android problem. I had a Samsung S9+ and got rid of it. I hated it, and went back to I-Phone and glad I did.

Hi y’all. I have Rec TEC bull 700. I’ve tried 40 times to go,thru the steps. Fing 2g network. Put right password in. Just won’t connect. Once I had it connected it got to a congratulations screen where I select model and then assign a name. Then a message pops up and says “data couldn’t be read....’. See pic. Can anyone help? Thx. Eric

Attachments

• E5B06AAD-EF19-4357-819D-A0B5184F73AA.png
    E5B06AAD-EF19-4357-819D-A0B5184F73AA.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
Hi y’all. I have Rec TEC bull 700. I’ve tried 40 times to go,thru the steps. Fing 2g network. Put right password in. Just won’t connect. Once I had it connected it got to a congratulations screen where I select model and then assign a name. Then a message pops up and says “data couldn’t be read....’. See pic. Can anyone help? Thx. Eric

No clue if this is related in the slightest but I figured I'd throw it out there. Talking with REC TEC team yesterday, I found out that they are in the process of migrating to a new server/hosting platform. I personally had issues between website vs app account access (thankfully mine was fine on the latter which is what matters). Could very easily be related, just an fyi.

I am having exact same issue- have you figured out what the problem is??? I've even tried putting name in that they show on sample screen but no luck so frustrated.... started process over several times, looks like I'm connected but won't take any name I put in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back