Wings - No Fire!

Kim

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
LOL I actually managed to cook a grill almost full of wings with no fire. I wrapped my drip pan!

Attachments

• WIngs.jpg
    WIngs.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 158
I want some. Those are beautiful wings. Maybe I can find a store open tomorrow and pick some up for my Bull.

Reactions: Kim
I'm happy for you Kim, but...………………..how are you going to roast the marshmallows without the big flames?

Dang Bob. Just dang.:cry:

I have a butane lighter.

I want some. Those are beautiful wings. Maybe I can find a store open tomorrow and pick some up for my Bull.

The Asian Persuasion rub is awesome on wings. In fact most of RecTecs rubs that I have tried are pretty good and I'm pretty picky about rubs.

The Asian Persuasion rub is awesome on wings. In fact most of RecTecs rubs that I have tried are pretty good and I'm pretty picky about rubs.
I have a half dozen RT rubs. I'll check them out.

Reactions: Kim
I tasted all the rubs provided in my package. The Greek rub jumped out at me as something I'd like to put on a whole chicken. Maybe a spatchcocked chicken for dinner tonight.

Ribs no fire tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_205046257.jpg
    IMG_20200101_205046257.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200101_204518620.jpg
    IMG_20200101_204518620.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 79
My friggin grill may be possessed. I put the ribs out on 200 to smoke for about 2 hours. Then I pulled them and used the dial to adjust the temp up to 350 to cook them. When I got inside I opened the app on my phone so I could watch the temp. It was set to Full. I exited the app and reloaded because the app is doesn't always update like it should and it drops connection etc etc. It still said full. So I went out to the cooker and it was set on Full too.

No fires though.

Last night after I got most of the wings off the grill the temp went up to 407 while set on 350.

Next time I use it I'm going to try and set up the Digi Q and see what it really going on temp wise.

I tasted all the rubs provided in my package. The Greek rub jumped out at me as something I'd like to put on a whole chicken. Maybe a spatchcocked chicken for dinner tonight.
That rub is really good on poultry and veggies.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back