590 owner, coming from GMG..

Beef Supreem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Bought my first smoker 4 years ago, decided on a GMG JB over the RT because I could get it locally.... Nothing but pure regret ever since. I finally reached my limit a few weeks ago when that pos shocked me during a cook and then the fan quit. It's now in a dumpster. Got my Stampede put together, super impressed with the design and build, especially coming from The trash I used for the last 4 years. Burn in went flawlessly, impressed by how quickly it got to temp and how easily the WiFi setup went (if you could even call it a setup it was so simple). Looking forward to reliable operation and not having to refill that hopper overnight!

Attachments

• 20191006_163122.jpg
    20191006_163122.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20191017_121703.jpg
    20191017_121703.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 69
Welcome aboard. If history means anything you should have a much better experience with the RT. There's always going to be a few that seem to have issues, but the high, high percentage are tickled with their experience.

Same boat here. Tried to do the local thing, but was underwhelmed by the flimsy grates that even wobbled when you touched them.

Salesman said the temp fluctuation was usually in the 20 degree range!!

I will say I think the wheels on the GMG were more substantial than the RT. That is my only gripe about the RT- the wheels. After spending that kind of $$$$, you'd expect better quality. There is a thread for mods to the wheels and there is the comp cart upgrade, but there should be no need for either when laying out this kind of $$.

As for performance, all the reviews were spot on. This is a great way to cook.

Welcome aboard.
I came from an electric masterchef upright smoker and am loving my Bull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back