Another new member from Florida

NickMac

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello Everyone! I am not only a new forum member, I am also new to smoking. Purchased a RT-700 at Rec Tec on Thursday and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday...that's quick! I am excited to get started. My only experience smoking meat is the stuff I've burned on my propane grill. I'm looking forward to reading other member posts and gaining some much needed pellet smoker knowledge.

Welcome aboard. You've got a whole new world ahead of you...……...if you're an obsessive type you've really got an adventure in store.:ROFLMAO: Most often folks start with something simple like spare ribs, often using the 3-2-1 method. Fairly safe, and thus rewarding which helps to embolden for the following attempts.

Thanks. I appreciate the suggestion. I was thinking either the spare ribs or maybe a pork tenderloin for starters. I'd like to do a brisket but I wouldn't want to ruin it.

@NickMac welcome to the RecTec community and thanks for joining us!

You're going to love your new grill and I look forward to seeing some of your cooks on it.

Hello Everyone! I am not only a new forum member, I am also new to smoking. Purchased a RT-700 at Rec Tec on Thursday and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday...that's quick! I am excited to get started. My only experience smoking meat is the stuff I've burned on my propane grill. I'm looking forward to reading other member posts and gaining some much needed pellet smoker knowledge.
Hi there and welcome. I'm new to the forum also but from what I've seen so far, there's a wealth of information here and I plan on tapping into it. Where in Florida are you. I'm on Ormond Beach.

Hi there and welcome. I'm new to the forum also but from what I've seen so far, there's a wealth of information here and I plan on tapping into it. Where in Florida are you. I'm on Ormond Beach.
Hey Motor, Welcome to you too. I'm in Hobe Sound. I just received delivery of my Bull (RT-700) on Thursday. I assembled it without too much difficulty but, I wish they had indicated the specific bolts for each step. All and all, not too bad though. Did my burn-in, and then smoked the best tasting pork tenderloin I've ever eaten. Man, was that good! Tonight I did some salmon and tomorrow I'm cooking some baby back ribs. I used to hate to cook but this is much more enjoyable. My wife has enjoyed and complemented each meal. She tends to be quite...discriminating with her food, so I think I'm doing alright. I really like the Rec Tec, excellent quality and I get great smokey flavor on the food.

Are you new to smoking also, or just new to this forum?

Nothing succeeds like success, eh Nick?

Glad you've enjoyed it so much. Ready for that brisket yet? ;)

Nothing succeeds like success, eh Nick?

Glad you've enjoyed it so much. Ready for that brisket yet? ;)
We'll see how the ribs go first. :) I'm going to try the 3-2-1 method. If all goes well I'll give some serious thought to a brisket and a long cook. Right now it seems a bit intiminating.

Hey Motor, Welcome to you too. I'm in Hobe Sound. I just received delivery of my Bull (RT-700) on Thursday. I assembled it without too much difficulty but, I wish they had indicated the specific bolts for each step. All and all, not too bad though. Did my burn-in, and then smoked the best tasting pork tenderloin I've ever eaten. Man, was that good! Tonight I did some salmon and tomorrow I'm cooking some baby back ribs. I used to hate to cook but this is much more enjoyable. My wife has enjoyed and complemented each meal. She tends to be quite...discriminating with her food, so I think I'm doing alright. I really like the Rec Tec, excellent quality and I get great smokey flavor on the food.

Are you new to smoking also, or just new to this forum?
Hey NickMac, sounds like we are both having fun with our new smokers. I've been smoking with an electric smoker for about four years or so. It's been ok but wanted to step up to a pellet smoker for some time. My only regret is I waited so long. Enjoy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back