Bull Anyone have to replace an ignitor yet?

Kaos71

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I posted on a couple of the Facebook groups but have not been approved yet so wanted to come here.

I got the ER1 message and talked to service (who is always great) and they said it was likely the ignitor. My GFI was kicking with it.

It has only been 10 cooks on this unit, so it seems to be some bad luck.

I have watched the video and while I may not feel that I am good at that kind of stuff, have a buddy who will come over and help me out...

My real question is, is this just a case of bad luck or is there a way of being "too hard" on this and user error? Of the 10 cooks that I have done, only two have been high heat and I bring it down temperature wise before I go through shutdown process. Last cook was high heat on the grill plates as I did burgers...

This is my first pellet smoker and I always second guess myself and wanted to refer to others who have been doing this longer to make sure I am not my own worst enemy here.

TIA

Have you tried running it off a different GFI receptacle? GFIs do go bad occasionally and may become too “sensitive”. As I’m sure you will hear, ignition problems are probably pretty rare.

While I do not own the Bull, I do have a Stampede and have ran all types of cooks, short high temp >500 deg. (less than 1 hour) up to 20+ hour smokes (low temp) over the course of the year + I've owned it and haven't had any issues with the igniter. I'm sure you have hit a bad luck wall on this one. Good luck with the replacement!

I would ask for clarification, are you plugged into a GFCI plug or a GFGI Breaker. I have also seen the GFCI plugs trip faster. Mine is on a GFCI breaker and have experienced no problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back