App update is now available

WiFi was not a necessity when I bought mine, but I consider it one now. It keeps me from being confined to the house on long cooks. And that means I can cook more often.
I felt the same way about cell phones when they first came out. Not a necessity or really needed. Now, I couldn't imagine being without one. I'm new to the wifi grill world so it's still wondrous and magical to me! :D

Wifi was a major thing for me as I pretty much have the rest of the house and cars on wifi. Rec Tec at the time had the best grill with wifi and the most information on the controllers display when not using wifi at the time I purchased my Bull last July. I love the gril and love the wifi but I think they could do better on the wifi app with all the suggestions they have received.

Wifi was a major thing for me as I pretty much have the rest of the house and cars on wifi. Rec Tec at the time had the best grill with wifi and the most information on the controllers display when not using wifi at the time I purchased my Bull last July. I love the gril and love the wifi but I think they could do better on the wifi app with all the suggestions they have received.
Well, the bottom line is it doesn't seem like you could even buy a pellet grill from any mfg. worth it's weight without wifi these days. Kinda like trying to buy a regular car with a standard transmission. It's just not that easy to do. With that said, I like the data gathering that the wifi app provides you for repeatability and consistent future cooks. Not to mention the alarms to alert you of any potential problems with your cooker full of meat. I must admit the wifi although not really needed is pretty darn handy feature to have.

Wifi was an afterthought to me. I didn't even mess with the wifi for quite a while after buying it. I wanted a Bull when they first came out as the 680. But it was easy to get used to the remote monitoring and control. Its great that this is getting done, finally.

Well, the bottom line is it doesn't seem like you could even buy a pellet grill from any mfg. worth it's weight without wifi these days. Kinda like trying to buy a regular car with a standard transmission. It's just not that easy to do. With that said, I like the data gathering that the wifi app provides you for repeatability and consistent future cooks. Not to mention the alarms to alert you of any potential problems with your cooker full of meat. I must admit the wifi although not really needed is pretty darn handy feature to have.
I love my wifi gadgets and I also love my manual transmission trucks. Now try to buy a normal every day type of car or truck with a manual transmission new today good luck, were living in the wrong country for that to happen. Every once in a while I will go on a road trip with my friend, owner operator driving his 389 Peterbilt 550 HP with a 18 speed manual transmission, I love it but the 7 million plus miles he has driven over the years in many trucks he has owned it's not worth it for me to be away from home that long.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back