Are you kidding me?

Mitch01

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I turn the grill up to 500 have the grill grates on and prepare my burgers. Once it hits temp, I slide them on and this is how they turn out after 15 minutes. Wife says "They don't look done in between the lines and doesn't look like a BBQ Burger to me." I'm almost ready to give up...

IMG_20190803_105318.jpg

Welcome to my world, some people (glances at the person sitting across the couch) need the visual representation of what they think is cooked vs the actual temp that says its done. Its the reason i have another grill i can direct flame sear on after to finish. And to make matters worse her palate is so sensitive that it has to be over hardwood flame or she just knows.

I’m with @Buckeye smoker as I showed the picture to my wife and she said “it looks raw and like someone drew a the lines with a sharpie marker”. :confused: Now, in her defense, she loves medium rare steaks and pink in the middle burgers... I think they look delicious

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess? I thought they look picture perfect and not raw in the least. In fact I also think I over-cooked them.

So I turn the grill up to 500 have the grill grates on and prepare my burgers. Once it hits temp, I slide them on and this is how they turn out after 15 minutes. Wife says "They don't look done in between the lines and doesn't look like a BBQ Burger to me." I'm almost ready to give up...

View attachment 957
Picture perfect burgers man. Nicely done!

Thank you... thank you very much! As Elvis once said.?

We did hamburgers two nights ago and my wife said they were the best she had ever had! Love the searing grates!

My wife wanted everybody to know that she thinks it tastes very good.??
Okay, if she's going to give you a night off she's now elevated herself to worthy of a
Red Mill burger...…………..but she's still on probation!!!

I haven't used my sear plates yet but I grilled some burgers the other night with seasoned with the Heffer dust only and hubby said he has had rib eyes that weren't that good. They were really good burgers. I cooked some pepper bacon on the side and put a couple of slices of vidalia onion on the burgers after I flipped them and then added some pepper jack cheese and the bacon.... Oh yeah

Kim, what temperature did you cook them at and what temperature did you take them to?

Kim, what temperature did you cook them at and what temperature did you take them to?

That's a good question because I couldn't remember last night when I did burgers again. LOL Last night though I cooked them at 400 and pulled them in the average range of 145. They were also excellent even without the homegrown maters, butter bun and bacon. :D

That's a good question because I couldn't remember last night when I did burgers again. LOL Last night though I cooked them at 400 and pulled them in the average range of 145. They were also excellent even without the homegrown maters, butter bun and bacon. :D
Thanks Kim. I think in the future I will just cover them in cheese so she won't have a chance to look ?

I have not used sear plates yet but could you not flip the plates to the flat side for more contact with meat and a little more even char?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back