Awaiting delivery of my Bull RT700

Jeffhoppy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Howdy from southern Ontario Canada. After several years trying to smoke brisket, ribs, pulled pork on my gasser with smoke tube, I have been looking at smokers for about a year. Being in Canada I was really debating on the RECTEC because of shipping, duty adding another $400 to the price tag. Up here to get into anything remotely close to similar quality was working out to be the same price all in, but would sacrifice a feature and sq.in. cooking space. So after much research, now I am awaiting delivery.
Any other Canadians on here? I have been looking through the threads and everyone seems so amazingly nice, helpful, and a real community of grillers. I can’t wait to get some advice and share some cooking stories.

Anyone with strong opinions on butcher paper versus foil for wrapping? I never thought of butcher paper before doing a lot of my research recently. I have only ever done foil or naked before (always foil wrapping on the gas), but now getting this RT700, wondering if I should get a roll of butcher paper now?

thanks all and look forward to chatting.
Jeff

IF I wrap at all, it's butcher paper. Helps keep any bark you have better than foil. It breathes where foil doesn't. No wrap, wrap in butcher paper, wrap in foil, all personal preference. Speed of cook and development of bark are the two things to consider about your brisket. Faster = less bark, pretty much. Neither way is right or wrong, just different ways to get your intended results.

Howdy from southern Ontario Canada. After several years trying to smoke brisket, ribs, pulled pork on my gasser with smoke tube, I have been looking at smokers for about a year. Being in Canada I was really debating on the RECTEC because of shipping, duty adding another $400 to the price tag. Up here to get into anything remotely close to similar quality was working out to be the same price all in, but would sacrifice a feature and sq.in. cooking space. So after much research, now I am awaiting delivery.
Any other Canadians on here? I have been looking through the threads and everyone seems so amazingly nice, helpful, and a real community of grillers. I can’t wait to get some advice and share some cooking stories.

Anyone with strong opinions on butcher paper versus foil for wrapping? I never thought of butcher paper before doing a lot of my research recently. I have only ever done foil or naked before (always foil wrapping on the gas), but now getting this RT700, wondering if I should get a roll of butcher paper now?

thanks all and look forward to chatting.
Jeff
Welcome to the forum. Many good people and a lot of info. As far as paper vs foil- I never wrap my ribs. For me they come out too soft and fall off the bone. I like, bite off the bone. As far as briskets and butts go, I usually don't wrap, but when I do, I use butcher paper. I think it keeps the bark in better shape, it is somewhat permeable. The foil locks in the moisture and softens the bark, considerably. Just one man's thoughts - enjoy. ??

Welcome to the Forum, you're in the right place for tips/advice and recipes for your new Bull. You definitely won't regret the extra cash you had to spend to get your Bull, it's well worth it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back