Stampede Baby back ribs 4-1-1

pungo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I've experimented doing baby backs with no wrap and 3-2-1 and we prefer 3-2-1, comes down to personal preference. This time I was going mountain biking at the beginning of the 3-2-1 so went with a 4-1-1 @225 due to timing. They came awesome, a little more chew and a little less fall off the bone, but still came off the bone clean. This will be my new go to method. Used a DIY rub and no binder. Did 5 large racks, they were too long to go front to back so had to go side to side, 3 on the bottom and 2 on the upper shelf. Bagged/vacuum sealed/froze the extra, will reheat using SV which will be as good as if they were right off the grill.

IMG_3992.JPG

Last edited:
It's more fun to vary cook times, temps, smoke levels, wrap or not. You found a method you like by accident. Looking good!

I'm leaning towards the SV reheat of my baby backs, but wonder if the ribs would like a little dry heat from the smoker (which will be smoking chicken thighs @250)?

That may come out great... Do 1/2 of them SV only and the other 1/2 SV then some smoker time since you'll already have the grill on for the thighs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back