Backorders

Haha. Created an account on a RecTeq forum for the sole purpose of bad talking the company for a supply chain issue.

6 months for a cover and a year for some other mystery item? 🤔

Yep, just moved my 700 and 380 into my garage for the winter. When I found out last fall that my 700 was very inconsistent in temps in below freezing temps so I tried to order the insulation kit. Was told out of stock until Aug. 2021. First of August was told they'd have them by end of Aug. Was told to get a welders blanket, That sucked! No smoke boxes for the 700 either.

Yep, I bought a 380 so I could at least do "some" smoking over the winter. Three times I came home to my tarp blowing in my yard. Sorry, I like to protect my investments so they last longer! (I know, I know, they say that they've had theirs sitting on an open deck for 2 years and haven't had a problem.) Couldn't afford the sear kit for my bullseye until now, OH darn, it's "out of stock"! Sorry, I can't afford to build a fancy covered/screened/heated deck to cook in.

I love both my smokers! I think they are the best ones made, that's why I bought Rec Teqs for the money!! All I'm saying is, if they can't control their supply chain any better then they do, maybe they need to find better suppliers and stop giving their customers the run around. They seem to have ALL their smokers available and I've been watching their web site on almost a daily basis for almost a year now. I won't go into everything else that I've watch go out of stock for months at a time.

I don't think it's a supply chain problem as much as it is maybe an ordering problem! I'm a retired buyer for a major airline. Sooooo I understand "supply chains".

Just a warning, that's all.
Welding blanket is cheaper.
Amazon sells grill covers (and opinions on the RT ones are mixed anyway).
You can buy the sear kit direct from Grill Grates.
Ordering problem solved.

Last edited:
Unicook makes excellent covers. They don’t sell a Matador cover so I had to find one on my own, and it’s a great cover

Yep, just moved my 700 and 380 into my garage for the winter. When I found out last fall that my 700 was very inconsistent in temps in below freezing temps so I tried to order the insulation kit. Was told out of stock until Aug. 2021. First of August was told they'd have them by end of Aug. Was told to get a welders blanket, That sucked!
I just talked with Recteq today about a cold weather cover for the 1270/700 and was told he was not even sure if they were going to sell them anymore. He suggested just getting a welder blanket which I am not a fan of. Tried that on my Traeger and hated it so I bought their cold weather cover and it worked great, nothing to have to take off and put in the snow when you want to open the lid like you have to do with a blanket.

Last edited:
4 1/2 million people are dead from the worst worldwide pandemic in our lives and people are bitching about not getting their barbeque cover. (n)
eff GIF

4 1/2 million people are dead from the worst worldwide pandemic in our lives and people are bitching about not getting their barbeque cover. (n)
4 1/2 million people are dead from the worst worldwide pandemic in our lives and some people are bitching about people who are bitching about not getting their BBQ covers, where does it end? BTW, I am not bitching about anything, just making a point!

Since the purchase of my 590 and Bullseye, I have had a few problems, but always have been satisfied with the response an solutions. In the last month, my Bullseye was overshooting temps, called and they said it was the PTI, I think, anyway, they did not send it, I called fussed they apologized and sent me one right away. Then I went to put it on, and the bolts broke when removing the old ones, I called and really complained, again, they were very professional. I wanted to be mad with them, but they work hard to make things right.
It also helps that the grills work extremely well for the price.

Everyone has had supply issues in the last year and will probably will have into 2022. I have had to tone it down and ask myself if the product is good, are they trying their best and is there a work around.

I understand your frustration, however it is the world we are living in now. I can be an ass and often am, but I am making a concerted effort to be kinder to others and not put myself first.

4 1/2 million people are dead from the worst worldwide pandemic in our lives and some people are bitching about people who are bitching about not getting their BBQ covers, where does it end? BTW, I am not bitching about anything, just making a point!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back