Bbq Season is here

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Well, southern California has been drenched with rain for months. But the sun has been shining for a week or so and it seems to be warming up. While I have snuck in a grilled steak here and there, and that 'strami for St Patrick's day, not much barbecue has been going on for months at my house. The cover has only been off the RecTec once in probably 4 months.

So, the wife bought a steelhead filet yesterday. I snuck some wagyu ribeyes in the cart while we were at Costco.

Anyone else getting their RecTec going?

20230408_111949.jpg

Roanie…,
For the sake of all that is Holy, please don’t give the rest of the country another reason to call us “Kalifornians” wimpy (lol). In the OC the only thing that idled my equipment was ramping up my travel schedule for work. Even when it was raining I threw on the Patagonia Gortex and kept it moving. My relatives, neighbors and friends would revolt and starve if I shut down completely. What we were calling a rainstorm the back Easterner’s just call Tuesday. Glad to hear you’re back at it and I wish you and the rest of the grill gang the best cooking season ever!!!

Here in the Pacific Northwest (far northwest corner of Washington state), if we didn’t cook outdoors when it rains, we sure wouldn’t cook outdoors much. We don’t lovingly refer to Washington as the “EverWet State” for nuthin’. :ROFLMAO:

Here in the Pacific Northwest (far northwest corner of Washington state), if we didn’t cook outdoors when it rains, we sure wouldn’t cook outdoors much. We don’t lovingly refer to Washington as the “EverWet State” for nuthin’. :ROFLMAO:
My memories of being there for work was that it drizzled 10 1/2 months, but I never saw it rain.

My memories of being there for work was that it drizzled 10 1/2 months, but I never saw it rain.
“Rain” in the Pacific Northwest is a generic term for when water falls from the sky. ;)

Mostly, we get the light stuff on a pretty regular basis during the “rainy season.” Occasionally, we get a heavy downpour. The “dry season” is usually a day or two in mid-July. :ROFLMAO:

“Rain” in the Pacific Northwest is a generic term for when water falls from the sky. ;)

Mostly, we get the light stuff on a pretty regular basis during the “rainy season.” Occasionally, we get a heavy downpour. The “dry season” is usually a day or two in mid-July. :ROFLMAO:
I think I was there for those couple sunny days one year. Locals were hiding in the shade and covered up like vampires.

When our company moved the customer service division down to CA, a lot of Seattle employees moved down. You could easily I.D. them. They would be the ones staring out the window at the sunshine. 😎

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back