Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
Season #1 of BBQ with Franklin is available on Amazon Prime this month (July 2021). Very interesting, and educational, if you haven’t watched him on PBS before. He doesn’t reveal a lot of secrets (brisket) but the subject of episodes that we may be less familiar with (whole hog, sausage, etc.) are really interesting.

Season #1 of BBQ with Franklin is available on Amazon Prime this month (July 2021). Very interesting, and educational, if you haven’t watched him on PBS before. He doesn’t reveal a lot of secrets (brisket) but the subject of episodes that we may be less familiar with (whole hog, sausage, etc.) are really interesting.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I really like both his books. They have recipes, but I wouldn't call either a cook book. It's more about his philosophy on smoking, grilling, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I have both of his books and refer to them often. I will tune into the video episodes.

Thanks brother

He is trying to sell his product at his restaurant, sell his book, sell his classes and sell the overpriced offset with his name.

His youtube videos are pretty darn specific as far as how to smoke things.

IDK about that, I've watched a few of his videos and the brisket ones a few times. Due to his videos and a few pointers from Matt Pittman of Meat Church, I smoked my first brisket a couple weeks ago and it came out outstanding. Aaron simplified a lot of thoughts on smoking a brisket, I was shocked at how great mine was and on the 1st try, IMO he gave plenty of info

@BowDown Franklin gives lots of technical info on his PBS videos (on YouTube) but didn’t get very technical at all in the series on Amazon Prime Video. There was some crossover of content but the Prime series was much more of a TV show vs. cooking videos.

@BowDown Franklin gives lots of technical info on his PBS videos (on YouTube) but didn’t get very technical at all in the series on Amazon Prime Video. There was some crossover of content but the Prime series was much more of a TV show vs. cooking videos.
Agree, although very entertaining. Seems like a good guy to have a beer or 10 with. I'm through 4 episodes.

Ive not watched the Prime series, just the youtube pbs stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back