Beef Short Ribs

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Made beef short ribs last night. I usually just salt and pepper but this time used the rec tec comp blend. Took almost 7 hrs. Started low for an hour for smoke and used 1/2 smoke tube. Made sure not to touch it while burning! Reached temp at 6 pm. Good flavor and very tender. Good alternative to plate ribs, easier found and less expensive. . . . and yes, I had a facelift ? ??

Attachments

• C527B6CF-0EEA-4F4F-B3A1-3BFB01C41956.jpeg
    C527B6CF-0EEA-4F4F-B3A1-3BFB01C41956.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 368
  • FDB0234A-F14D-4CB2-9DA6-A99664121337.jpeg
    FDB0234A-F14D-4CB2-9DA6-A99664121337.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 155
  • 439F1768-EA37-446F-89F3-4788AB811BFE.jpeg
    439F1768-EA37-446F-89F3-4788AB811BFE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 139
  • 58992C6A-C3DD-49D8-8452-9335C63D8FAB.jpeg
    58992C6A-C3DD-49D8-8452-9335C63D8FAB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • 6961C77B-C2D3-4742-8AA5-13E31188C0B1.jpeg
    6961C77B-C2D3-4742-8AA5-13E31188C0B1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 143
Pizza again tonight. Almost exactly how I like it. One more try. ??

Looks awesome!

Yeah, I can't find Beef plate ribs to save my life!

GO GREENIE GO!!!

Made beef short ribs last night. I usually just salt and pepper but this time used the rec tec comp blend. Took almost 7 hrs. Started low for an hour for smoke and used 1/2 smoke tube. Made sure not to touch it while burning! Reached temp at 6 pm. Good flavor and very tender. Good alternative to plate ribs, easier found and less expensive. . . . and yes, I had a facelift ? ??

Looks awesome! Now take a couple and make Oso Buco. That's what I'm going to try next time I smoke some. Smoked Oso Buco seems like it would marry two fantastic things.

Looks awesome! Now take a couple and make Oso Buco. That's what I'm going to try next time I smoke some. Smoked Oso Buco seems like it would marry two fantastic things.
What’s the story on oso buco on the smoker. I thought braised ? Do it in a cast iron pot? Need more info. Let’s hear it. ??

Nice job, those look tasty! Short ribs are great on the smoker. Any kind of beef ribs, for that matter!
I think it’s become my favorite “ribs”. I know not everyone in my family believes the same but I’m the cook! Pizza tonight. Bull up to 520. The highest it’s been. We shall see. ??

What’s the story on oso buco on the smoker. I thought braised ? Do it in a cast iron pot? Need more info. Let’s hear it. ??

I'm still working on it. First attempt had great flavor, but I didn't get it tender enough. That was on charcoal/wood. I'm trying to smoke for first part and braise to finish.

Ribs look great!
I make mini short rib tostada appetizers for parties. I have never done it with the smoked meat but I bet it would be fantastic.

Ribs look great!
I make mini short rib tostada appetizers for parties. I have never done it with the smoked meat but I bet it would be fantastic.

One of our favorites is smoked pulled pork tacos, followed closely by smoked tritip and smoked salmon tacos.

Ribs look great!
The great part about BBQ is so many of the leftovers are great in other things. Last night as an appetizer to Round 4 (ding, ding) of pizza, I reheated a left over short rib, took off the bone and sliced it. Served on crackers with fresh horseradish on top. Pretty good. Something like you make, Beth? ??

One of our favorites is smoked pulled pork tacos, followed closely by smoked tritip and smoked salmon tacos.
Making pulled pork, on Kings Hawaiian Buns, Mexican street corn and coleslaw on Saturday, we have friends coming over, socially distant and emotionally unavailable:unsure: ??

Making pulled pork, on Kings Hawaiian Buns, Mexican street corn and coleslaw on Saturday, we have friends coming over, socially distant and emotionally unavailable:unsure: ??

...or is it socially unavailable and emotionally distant? I can never remember what the gov't wants us to do.

I was in Costco yesterday and they had these, cut down (half size?) ready to go.

Awesome ribs, what was your long term temp?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back