Bull Blowing Fuses

Ken F.

My Bull is all of a sudden blowing fuses. It is about 2 years old and used about 10-15 times due to working overseas. Always kept in the garage when not in use, so not exposed to the elements. Any thoughts on what is causing the issue?? TIA

It's probably the igniter, I would try disconnecting the igniter replace the fuse, start up the grill using the manual lighting procedure and see if the grill runs or the fuse blows again.

It's probably the igniter, I would try disconnecting the igniter replace the fuse, start up the grill using the manual lighting procedure and see if the grill runs or the fuse blows again.
Thanks for your input. I just tried that and the fuse blew again immediately. Got another call in to Rectec, so hopefully they can help me out.

Try looking at the wiring under the grill for shorts or mouse damage, the next thing would be disconnecting the auger or the fan, also make sure they both spin easily by hand with the grill unplugged.

Try looking at the wiring under the grill for shorts or mouse damage, the next thing would be disconnecting the auger or the fan, also make sure they both spin easily by hand with the grill unplugged.
I looked at the bottom side of the panel and the wiring looks fine. No mouse evidence or damage either. I had it running for about an hour after I changed out the first blown out fuse. Raised and lowered the temp trying to make sure it was good to go before I put a brisket on and it then blew 45-60 minutes into testing it out. So, the fan and auger were working then after the first blown fuse. Changed that one out and it ran for about 5-10 minutes. This last fuse blew right after I plugged it in.

Well whatever the issue is it seems to be getting worse. Seeing that the last fuse blew when just plugged the grill in and not when the grill was turned on sounds like the controller may be the problem.

I'm interested in finding out what you found that was causing the fuses to blow?
So far, it looks like it is going to be the grill side wire harness. Seems like it was touching the underside of the barrel and arcing. I received the new part, but have not installed it yet. I also discovered that the ground on the plug was broken as well, so RecTec are sending me a new plug too. Once I receive that I am going to swap out both parts and cross my fingers. I appreciate your help and reaching back out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back