Bourbon rub Smoked PorkChops

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Another Great night with the RT700 Bull.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200605184034174_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200605181839552_COVER.jpg

Awesome looking chops! We eat them once, maybe twice a week here. What temp do you cook them at with those sear grates? I use 425deg F. Hot and fast! :D

Yer making' ma mouth water. Well done!
2 questions, what's the rub and what cut of chop? ??

Thanks all !! @Infantryman I always use my smoketube only because I like a heavier smoke flavor in almost all my cooks. I had my searing grates Inside after the last cook so I left them there, and only put them on it for the last 20minutes. Not sure it had alot of affect, since I did 1/2hr @225° and the rest @275°... I think it was about an hour and a half total but as usual we are cooking to a temp of 145° or above not a time. I just like taking nice pics. Kind of another hobby. (#428)..lol
Appreciate the comments.

Thanks all !! @Infantryman I always use my smoketube only because I like a heavier smoke flavor in almost all my cooks. I had my searing grates Inside after the last cook so I left them there, and only put them on it for the last 20minutes. Not sure it had alot of affect, since I did 1/2hr @225° and the rest @275°... I think it was about an hour and a half total but as usual we are cooking to a temp of 145° or above not a time. I just like taking nice pics. Kind of another hobby. (#428)..lol
Appreciate the comments.
What flavor pellets do you use in your smoketube, same that's in the hopper or something else?

What flavor pellets do you use in your smoketube, same that's in the hopper or something else?
Yes always the same flavor for me in the tube.
Apple or Cherry for White and I prefer Hickory on Red...
I have to add that I had another problem with the Bear Mountain pellets(trying to use them up) Again they burn much hotter and it took almost an hour to get the smoker to level out. It wouldn't stay steady at all. I was doing the venting and the adjusting blah blah. Never had any problems until I tried this brand. I'm going back to Lumberjack's full time. I just think for the quality,price, and taste they are the overall best bet so far. Of course just my opinion, others' may differ.

Yes always the same flavor for me in the tube.
Apple or Cherry for White and I prefer Hickory on Red...
I have to add that I had another problem with the Bear Mountain pellets(trying to use them up) Again they burn much hotter and it took almost an hour to get the smoker to level out. It wouldn't stay steady at all. I was doing the venting and the adjusting blah blah. Never had any problems until I tried this brand. I'm going back to Lumberjack's full time. I just think for the quality,price, and taste they are the overall best bet so far. Of course just my opinion, others' may differ.
Hmmmm... I got a bag of Bear Mtn to try out. Wondering now if I should just use them in the tube instead of in the hopper.

Nice chops.
I have burned through about a half of a bag of Bear Mountain bkend. They burn a little hotter but I am able to hold temp on my Trailblazer after slowing down the feed rate. Maybe a little more ash also. I won't know until I finish up the hopper I have. Then back to the remainder of my RT pellets

Hmmmm... I got a bag of Bear Mtn to try out. Wondering now if I should just use them in the tube instead of in the hopper.
Go for it...I'm interested if you have to adjust your feed rate also. I realise it's not a hard thing to do, I just prefer to go with not having to adjust and sticking with what works for me. Plus I feel LJ still has a little better flavor than BM also.

I’ve been using Pit Boss pellets that I pick up at Lowe’s. They burn as good as RT and seem to have less ash. 9.99 for a 10# bag of apple and the blend is 14.99 for 40#. Can’t beat the price

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back