Bullseye or 400

pbloom

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Can't decide on the new Bullseye with front shelf or the 400.
Give me your thoughts on each.
I currently own a 700 & love it, just want to compliment it, & have something not so big during "normal" cooks

From my perspective, it depends on what type of “normal cooks” you do. Are you primarily a low-and-slow, smoking cooker or a hot-and fast griller?

I've got the big 700 for all my low & slow cooks, but would like something for everyday cooks that doesn't swing so much on grill temp when you open the lid. I'm in Nebraska & cook on it year around

I've got the big 700 for all my low & slow cooks, but would like something for everyday cooks that doesn't swing so much on grill temp when you open the lid. I'm in Nebraska & cook on it year around
I’m assuming you mean the new “Patio Legend 410” vs the 380/X. The 410 appears to be a slightly stretched RT-340 barrel smoker. My RT-340 is certainly more of a smoker than a hot grill, though it will do that to some extent.

The RT-380 or 380X is more of a hot grill that can also do some low-temp smoking. IMO, it is more or a hot grill than a smoker.

For your stated use, it sounds like a 380 would be my choice. Or, as I did, get a gas grill.

Can't decide on the new Bullseye with front shelf or the 400.
Give me your thoughts on each.
I currently own a 700 & love it, just want to compliment it, & have something not so big during "normal" cooks
380X is pretty close to a Weber kettle without the mess. Also, a bunch of the Weber accessories will work, the 380X will compliment your Bull for searing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back