Bullseye Bullseye temperature issues

I changed my offset to +15. When I place my ambient ThermoPro probe close to the Recteq probe there is a very close correlation in temperature. The Recteq is slower to respond to changes, but that's to be expected based on the fuel and the firmware they use. You're not controlling a gas valve so swings are to be expected.
When I place the ThermoPro at any other location I am seeing temps 15 - 20 degrees higher. Again, to be expected as it's not against the side of the grill. I think the temperature at the grate is much closer to the temp the Recteq is displaying when compared to a Weber or other grill thermometer in the top of the lid. On my Weber Smokey Mountain dome temps were 15 - 50 degrees lower than the temps at the grate on low and slow cooks.

I have done a chuck roast for 6 - 7 hours at 225, meat loaf at LO to 375 degrees and ribs for 5 hours, and have to say that Low and Slow does work on the Bullseye.
I have done ribs on my Bullseye several times with good results too.

Help. I’ve read in a few places about issues with the Bullseye running much hotter than the setting. I really want to use it for low/slow cooks. I reached out to Rec Tec, and they assured the grills run at 225. That’s conflicting with what I’ve read from a few users. Anyone have success with low/slow cooks on theirs?
My 380 ran hot on first burn in. After shutdown and restart bullseye runs great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back