Bull Burned in and ready to go!

rgreenberg2000

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My RT-700 showed up yesterday (after sunset of course), and once I had dinner, I set to the task of assembly. None of the assembly was difficult, but it did take quite a bit of time to get it all done. I had a couple of fitment issues that I've contacted RT support about, so I'm sure we'll get those sorted. Now, I know that you have all seen an RT-700, but you've never seen mine, so......

IMG_7231.jpeg

I actually did the burn in last night (finished at 11:45p), and then finished up today by attaching the smokebox and shelf. Everything functioned great during the burn in, and I even got the WiFi working without incident. I'm excited to actually cook something, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow! :( I've got a family pack of wings to go on it, and 7 lbs of bacon that are coming out of the cure this evening for an overnight drying session in the fridge. This thing is going to be a blast!!!

Rich

I really like this idea:
Since we ordered 700 with the Folding Front Shelf, it seemed to me, that the Ring THEN become almost unusable !
Thanks for the great idea RG
Glad you like it, but credit where it's due, I saw someone else had done this, so not my original idea! :) DEFINITELY remove the ring before you put it on the competition cart (if you are getting the cart.) Would have been way easier! :)

R

Hey RG ....
Ment to ask ya; did all your accessories come together in the same Box, with the Grill, or separate ?

Just put mine together, gonna burn in tomorrow. Wondering if there is a recommendation for first cook? The chef on the video mentioned chicken thighs, but I am open to suggestions from experts.

I did thighs but you could do bacon or a fatty, anything that’s going to help season the cooker. Just plan to do lots of cooks and it won’t really matter!

Just put mine together, gonna burn in tomorrow. Wondering if there is a recommendation for first cook? The chef on the video mentioned chicken thighs, but I am open to suggestions from experts.
I did thighs but you could do bacon or a fatty, anything that’s going to help season the cooker. Just plan to do lots of cooks and it won’t really matter!
Yep, I'm with Waterboy on this one. The recommendation seems to be thighs, but I just started cooking on it.....I've run it for 56 hours in 23 days now, I think it's seasoned. :)

R

We did a couple Salmon Fillets followed by four Whole Chickens
We also tried the Onion Bombs !
Outstanding
Tasty and fun:
Onion Bombs.jpeg
Onion Bomb.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back