Bull Buying Bull RT-700, does anyone recommend any "must have accessories" or just get the grill and start smoking?

Jwarhoover

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Buying Bull RT-700, does anyone recommend any "must have accessories" or just get the grill and start smoking?
I want to make sure I'm good to go out of the gate.
thanks

Buying Bull RT-700, does anyone recommend any "must have accessories" or just get the grill and start smoking?
I want to make sure I'm good to go out of the gate.
thanks
Welcome to the forum. If you will be moving your Bull around some the competition cart would be nice to have. Also the front shelf is a must have for me.

My Bull is fully loaded with the competition cart, the smoke box, and the front shelf (Bought it as part of a package deal they used to offer). The front shelf is the one thing I would not want to be without. Also, the competition cart is half off now with the purchase of a new Bull, so you won’t ever find a better deal on that.

My Bull is fully loaded with the competition cart, the smoke box, and the front shelf (Bought it as part of a package deal they used to offer). The front shelf is the one thing I would not want to be without. Also, the competition cart is half off now with the purchase of a new Bull, so you won’t ever find a better deal on that.
Probably will not be moving around so probably ok on that, What about the small interior shelf, does anyone recommend that?

The front shelf is #1 for me. They show sold out online but a few folks have been able to call and secure one. I love my competition cart. I do move my grill often. At half price it is a really good deal and very sturdy. I would grab a couple mesh mats if you plan to smoke fish. Use mine for salmon often. I agree with Greg on the interior shelves. I'm holding off on the smokebox as a holiday present for myself.

I'll add another vote for the front shelf. It might as well be a standard feature in my opinion.

I also recommend the comp cart if you're going to move the grill at all. For example, in & out of a garage or shed. Some of us have seen the OEM swivel casters fail in less than a year. The current 50% offer with grill purchase is a no-brainer to me. Not to mention the cart should ship safer on a pallet with the grill than what UPS will do to it as a stand-alone package.

My other must-have suggestion is a good instant read thermometer. Thermapen Mk4 is tops and there are other good ones (Javelin Pro).

Welcome to the group. Must haves: front shelf, an instant read thermometer (prefer Thermapen), good set of thongs, heat resistant gloves, heavy duty tin foil, frog mats or cookie drying racks that can stand a little heat, a dedicated cooler for your FTC process (does not have to be dedicated I guess but why not)....oh and the list goes on and on.

Welcome to the group. Must haves: front shelf, an instant read thermometer (prefer Thermapen), good set of thongs, heat resistant gloves, heavy duty tin foil, frog mats or cookie drying racks that can stand a little heat, a dedicated cooler for your FTC process (does not have to be dedicated I guess but why not)....oh and the list goes on and on.
Thank you, not new to the smoking world just to pellet smoking and this unit particular. thanks for the insight.

Attachments

• ED6B2C15-10B1-4C5A-9F5D-948A279B59DA.jpeg
    ED6B2C15-10B1-4C5A-9F5D-948A279B59DA.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 213
  • E9D33477-8CD9-4D3B-AC31-791E474529F1.jpeg
    E9D33477-8CD9-4D3B-AC31-791E474529F1.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 205
Welcome to the forum Jwarhoover. I would say it depends on how you use it. A front shelf is always handy, you never have too many places to set things. If you're going to use it as a grill, the grill grates searing kit is good to have, the mesh mats are fantastic to use w/ chicken/fish, and maybe a smoke tube for added smoke flavor. If you're going to use it mainly for smoking, they you're pretty much ready to go out the gate.. just get some good hardwood pellets and you're ready to go. The interior shelves would be good if you need a lot of real estate (cooking a lot of wings for the big game, sides, etc.), it's always a nice thing to have around when space starts getting tight. I find that I use mine quite a bit but I've only got the trailblazer. ;) The smoke box, I've seen a lot of back and forth posted on here about that.. so again, that comes down to personal preference (cold smoking/warmer).

Oh, and don't forget to have some good beverages around, you always need to stay hydrated so to speak.🍻🥃🥩🍗

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back