Stampede Calibrate internal temperature probe?

Carsononline

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Anyone have a method for calibrating the internet temp probe? It's not like you can submerge it into a pan of boiling water.. the cord seems too short.

Thanks, I have a lab calibrated (I work in a lab) thermocouple that I'll put in the middle on something (so no conductive heat) and adjust from there. Simple.

Thanks, I have a lab calibrated (I work in a lab) thermocouple that I'll put in the middle on something (so no conductive heat) and adjust from there. Simple.
You can bend up a piece of light gauge metal to keep it up off the grill. I did the same with a trusted thermocouple I had. The tricky thing is the RTD probe adjustments is not in degrees it a percentage. I found my pits temperature low by about 25 degrees.

While you're at it, I would recommend that once you get the pit temp verified to place the thermocouple to the right side and a couple other spots in the pit. Seems like these run hotter towards the right side. That's not a big deal, just something good to know and to make any adjustments with cooking (rotating meat) as may be needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back