Stampede Came home and found a Stampede in my driveway

TolT

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My wife has been telling me how awesome and amazing my birthday present is going to be. Today I got it and I'm not really sure how to feel. I'm not a big cook. I smoke a few fish in a little chief once in a great while (once every year or two) and I grill a burger or a steak once or twice a week during about half of the year. I feel like this thing is waaaaaayyyyyy more than I need. I'm sure this is a very odd post given everyone's excitement about these things. Hoping to get at least a little excited about this before I spend time assembling etc.

Santa came early! Give it a chance, you'll love it once you get a few cooks under your belt. Effortlessly puts out amazing food. Many, many things to cook on it that you never thought about before.

10-4. I'll give it a fair shot, but I'm hardly worthy of the company here. I'm what you might call a pre-made frozen beef patty, Johnsonville brat, and occasional ribeye guy. I don't really cook. I bet it does a helluva steak though.

That's an awesome present. Go to Costco get one of the pre marinated tri tip beef and a St Louis cut rib pack and cook one this weekend. You will get a great appreciation for your new toy. It also makes a great burger.

I'd be appreciative of a great gift. And use it to your own advantage. As in, learn to cook,grill, and smoke with it.
Next thing you know everyone will be asking for your food. And you'll have learned a new talent and had a little fun.

That's an awesome present. Go to Costco get one of the pre marinated tri tip beef and a St Louis cut rib pack and cook one this weekend. You will get a great appreciation for your new toy. It also makes a great burger.
Wish I had a Costco!

Congrats on the awesome gift. I love smoking, grilling like most of the folks on here. BUT I am amazed at all the different things we can do on these machines. This afternoon, my wife wants a buffalo chicken dip. we are putting it in a cast iron skillet and on to the rec tec. That is in addition to the rack of the ribs. I'm doing. Heck my son wants to do pizza tomorrow. I really am astonished with the variety.
Cheers and don't forget.... We want pictures when shes put together and cooking!

We all started somewhere. pick something you want to try, research a bit then go for it. There litterally isnt anything edible that requires heat you cant make on a smoker. Granted some require special gadgets but nothing is not doable. Do this, take your next frozen dinner and make it on your stampede. Just preheat and cook just like you would in the oven. Since its one of your go to you should instantly beable to tell the difference. With that i am sure your mind will wander and wonder what else you can make. At that point you have started down the rabbit hole.

10-4. I'll give it a fair shot, but I'm hardly worthy of the company here. I'm what you might call a pre-made frozen beef patty, Johnsonville brat, and occasional ribeye guy. I don't really cook. I bet it does a helluva steak though.
Cut a chicken open (google spatchcock chicken). Lay if flat on the grill at 375 for 90 minutes . Use ADOBE GOYO or your favorite chicken seasons.
You will be blown away how juicy and flavorful chicken can be!

Congratulations!! I know the feeling was great!

BTW...pizza is another thing some folks don't think about doing on the smoker. It's not just for butts and ribs, etc. Great results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dunn Ranch
Back