Can you place a pan directly on the deflector?

Jas

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hi Everyone, I'm cooking Al Pastor pork on a vertical spike and the lid wont completely close. Can you place a pan directly on the deflector?

I wouldn’t go directly on the deflector because it’ll get too hot. Maybe a few balls of foil placed under the pan would give an air gap between the deflector and Al Pastor pan while still giving you more headroom. You’ll have to keep an eye on the meat at the bottom of the stack to make sure it isn’t over cooking.

Hi Everyone, I'm cooking Al Pastor pork on a vertical spike and the lid wont completely close. Can you place a pan directly on the deflector?
I wouldn’t take the chance but you can angle the spike and turn it every 15 minutes. I know it’s a pain in the butt, sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Which grill are you speaking of? On the Bullseye, I'm not sure if I would do that.

On my Bull, I've taken out the grill grate and put vertical chicken holders directly on the drip pan but not on the heat deflector. My Al pastor spike fits in my Bull so I haven't had a need to do that.

So I would say, Bullseye - it probably would get too hot but any of the RecTeqs with the drip pan, that is fine.

I’ve put a pan, with water in it, on my drip tray. Not sure directly on the deflector would be safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back