Bull Can't Smoke Ribs; Science Doesn't Work Anymore

Well I won't be back because of people like you, we have 600k people dead and you making jokes. Have a loved one die and see how you feel.

I will say that my first 6 smokes have been perfect, I love my 700.

Cheers
Sorry for your loss, bye-bye👋

Last edited:
This is just a reminder that people come to this forum to talk/read about grills, BBQ, and cooking food. Nobody comes here for politics; there are plenty of other places to go for that.
I don't disagree, but getting chaffed about a minor comment indicates a lack of sense of humor, or at least an inability to detect someone else's sense of humor. Either way, the escalation indicates to me that Sweep the Leg might change from a unique crystalline frozen water structure to a rain drop at temps over 32deg F.
stripes lighten GIF

and, that is not directed at you Mooncusser.

For the record, there is no group of "people like you" that will keep me from anywhere, or anything I want to be or do. No one controls how I react or feel. It's my choice.
Makes my life way less drama filled and emotional.

I don't disagree, but getting chaffed about a minor comment indicates a lack of sense of humor, or at least an inability to detect someone else's sense of humor. Either way, the escalation indicates to me that Sweep the Leg might change from a unique crystalline frozen water structure to a rain drop at temps over 32deg F.
stripes lighten GIF

and, that is not directed at you Mooncusser.
Calling someone a snowflake doesn't help. (So many people who use that term to deride others are equally thin-skinned.)

More to the point: Who are any of us to say how someone else should feel about the loss of a loved one?

Everyone we encounter every day is dealing with something. Just be kind.

******TRIGGER WARNING******

I find it hard to believe that we actually went down this road over a mask comment.

Good thing I didn't ask who you voted for and why?

Last edited:
More to the point: Who are any of us to say how someone else should feel about the loss of a loved one?
Fair point, but the only person who mentioned the loss of a loved one was Sweeptheleg who was apparently offended by a mask joke.

No one had any way to know that, and seriously.....if people are that sensitive then it's their issue.....not everyone else's.

Last edited:
This forum is extremely helpful and friendly, I have been here for over a year and rarely if ever seen a comment that was anything to the contrary. I totally agree we should be kind to one another.

That being said, people like Sweeptheleg wake up and look to be offended, that isn’t a political opinion at all, it’s what it is. The comment was completely harmless and quite frankly wast even political. The notion that a mask comment has to be seen as political is beyond petty and a sad commentary on how we interact as a country. I have lost family members as a result of the pandemic and I miss them dearly but that doesn’t mean my sense of humor went w them. We need to remember not every one is trying to insult when comments are made, sometimes it was a harmless joke and needs to be treated as such…I sure would hate to be a stand up comic these days, what can they talk about???
As @orangebiker said Lighten up Francis…we all need to

This forum is extremely helpful and friendly, I have been here for over a year and rarely if ever seen a comment that was anything to the contrary. I totally agree we should be kind to one another.

That being said, people like Sweeptheleg wake up and look to be offended, that isn’t a political opinion at all, it’s what it is. The comment was completely harmless and quite frankly wast even political. The notion that a mask comment has to be seen as political is beyond petty and a sad commentary on how we interact as a country. I have lost family members as a result of the pandemic and I miss them dearly but that doesn’t mean my sense of humor went w them. We need to remember not every one is trying to insult when comments are made, sometimes it was a harmless joke and needs to be treated as such…I sure would hate to be a stand up comic these days, what can they talk about???
As @orangebiker said Lighten up Francis…we all need to
Isn't it interesting that Sweeptheleg has only a few posts and appears to be upset and angry in all of them both? I trust that Sweeptheleg got the desired result and proud of it.

For future reference:
troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community. Platforms targeted by trolls can include the comment sections of YouTube, forums, or chat rooms. Insert recteq forum here.

Last edited:
Well I won't be back because of people like you, we have 600k people dead and you making jokes. Have a loved one die and see how you feel.

I will say that my first 6 smokes have been perfect, I love my 700.

Cheers
Next time, instead of getting triggered, just ask them about Trump Steaks. The ones "the cow would be ashamed of"... ;)

Soooo, is this the right place to ask about ribs?

Had a great first smoke this weekend with a small pork shoulder and a brisket flat. They came out as perfect as possible for a first-timer. Ended up having to crutch them both in order to make dinnertime reasonable for our guests.

Second smoke is this weekend and trying out some St. Louis ribs. In the past I've baked ribs in the oven and finished them on a grill, but my brother tells me that's how the terrorists win. I've tried the 321 method before but they didn't turn out. If I just lay the racks on the grill and let them smoke are they going to end up dry or do they never really end up heating to the proper internal temperature?

I'll try just about anything once, so I'd love some advice on how to approach them on the Bull.

@Noreaster I do them straight through, unwrapped all the time. They are dryer than my wrapped ribs but I wouldn’t call them dry by any means. If I get started early enough I run at 225. Those can take up to 6 hours depending on the rack. Higher temp = done quicker. I’ve never done them over 275 though. If you want to get some smoke run them on Lo for an hour then go to your cooking temp (or add a smoke tube).

What didn’t you like about the 3-2-1 ribs? Often times just an adjustment to that method makes a big difference.

There’s lots of ways to do ribs, just gotta find what you like. The nice part is you get to taste a lot of ribs coming up with “your” method.

@Noreaster I do them straight through, unwrapped all the time. They are dryer than my wrapped ribs but I wouldn’t call them dry by any means. If I get started early enough I run at 225. Those can take up to 6 hours depending on the rack. Higher temp = done quicker. I’ve never done them over 275 though. If you want to get some smoke run them on Lo for an hour then go to your cooking temp (or add a smoke tube).

What didn’t you like about the 3-2-1 ribs? Often times just an adjustment to that method makes a big difference.

There’s lots of ways to do ribs, just gotta find what you like. The nice part is you get to taste a lot of ribs coming up with “your” method.
When I did the 321, they came out tougher than I expected. And I fully understand that I'm capable of user error. Prone to it, even. I will probably try it again at some point. The last time was just cooking for myself so I dealt with it. This time I have family coming over so am looking for something a little more surefire. Nothing is worse than telling my wife "You know, they sucked last time, too, but I made it the same way just for you!"

6 hours straight through is totally doable for me, maybe I'll try that on Friday and keep an eye on them, turning the temp up a little if I need to towards the end.

I will give you a 2nd thumbs up for the uncovered ribs. We do our spares that way now. Used to do 321. I've had them take anywhere from 6-7 hours at 225. The result has always been good.

I try to get them on early as well.. been starting as early as 9AM lately and just making it for dinner. Funny thing as the comments state no 2 racks are the same and boy you can live by that. I had 2 racks same brand and similar size and one was done at least 2 hours before the other. I still shake my head at it thinking what did I do. It's the ribs.. Just like everyone says.. don't plan it on hours plan it on when they are done and you will enjoy it much better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back