Carrot cake

Mitch01

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
All right fellas, I cooked carrot cake today 1 in a regular oven one in the rec tec rt-700. Which is which? I'll have to have you wait for the taste test which will be at our work tonight for the birthday parties of my wife and my supervisor. I'll bet they won't be able to tell.

15669314248002187046874528636466.jpg

I would expect the one on the grill has a mild smokey flavor and what i am really planning on going for. I would say the one on the left was from the grill as the surface texture looks to have gone through laying waves of heat vs a steady heat from the oven and what appears to be a much more even surface.

I let a few more take the challenge before I give the answer.

I'm going to do the "smell-o-vision" test on it. I choose *closes eyes*.... pan A (left side). Reason, the cake appears to look fluffier and not as dense as the right one, which would be attributed to even heating ;).

*pulled the above answer right out of my bum*

I'm going to do the "smell-o-vision" test on it. I choose *closes eyes*.... pan A (left side). Reason, the cake appears to look fluffier and not as dense as the right one, which would be attributed to even heating ;).

*pulled the above answer right out of my bum*
that was a masterful restate, very well done :).

Well here is the verdict; the one that was cooked on the grill, no one could tell that it had any Smokey flavor at all. In the picture the one on the left is from the rec tec. Both of them turned out moist and delicious most people couldn't tell the difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back