Cedar Plank Salmon.

Bull & Eggs

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello guys. I soaked the cedar planks in water for about an hour and a half. Then I started with the fish. 2.6 pounds if salmon. Brown sugar, and a favorite rub, bourbon brown sugar. Then some honey.

I started it at 375 for 20 minutes, but it wasn't ready yet. So I took it off the Bull and ramped up the fire to 485. After it reached temp, I put the plank back in there for 10 more minutes. And let me tell you guys, in all seriousness, what came off that grill tonight was absolute perfection. Omg.

This was salmon to perfection tonight.

20200505_211113.jpg
20200505_210939.jpg
20200505_202940.jpg
20200505_191947.jpg
20200505_191818.jpg
20200505_191152.jpg

Hello guys. I soaked the cedar planks in water for about an hour and a half. Then I started with the fish. 2.6 pounds if salmon. Brown sugar, and a favorite rub, bourbon brown sugar. Then some honey.

I started it at 375 for 20 minutes, but it wasn't ready yet. So I took it off the Bull and ramped up the fire to 485. After it reached temp, I put the plank back in there for 10 more minutes. And let me tell you guys, in all seriousness, what came off that grill tonight was absolute perfection. Omg.

This was salmon to perfection tonight.
Thats one damn good lookin' fish dinner. Even though meat is getting a little scarce in our area, fish is in full supply. I may go for salmon tonight. I already have a stack of cedar planks from last time I made fish. Let the soaking and smoking begin! ??

That looks great! We eat salmon once a week and love it, but I cannot get my wife to let me use a cedar plank and smoke it. She says she does not want a cedar taste to her salmon. Nothing I say makes any difference. Any suggestions to help me persuade her? I'd love to do it this way.

That looks great! We eat salmon once a week and love it, but I cannot get my wife to let me use a cedar plank and smoke it. She says she does not want a cedar taste to her salmon. Nothing I say makes any difference. Any suggestions to help me persuade her? I'd love to do it this way.
I have the same issue with venison. If my wife doesn’t know it’s venison, best steak ever. Announce, it’s venison, game over. Tell your wife you are cooking the salmon on hemlock. ?? She will beg for cedar.

I have the same issue with venison. If my wife doesn’t know it’s venison, best steak ever. Announce, it’s venison, game over. Tell your wife you are cooking the salmon on hemlock. ?? She will beg for cedar.
Yeah, I'll just do it, not mention it until after the fact. Thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back