Salmon Tacos

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
20230414_143748.jpg
20230414_143811.jpg
was hungry in the early afternoon today, after taking the old English Pointer for a couple mile off-leash trek in our semi-wild park. I had smoked a salmon (steelhead, technically) filet a few days back and decided I'd like some tacos made with what we had left over in the fridge.

First, I had to figure out what I could make to garnish the salmon. I found some frozen diced mango and frozen corn. Then I found a can of Ortega diced green chilis. I used a bit of butter in a skillet and fried the corn until I got some light camelization going, put that in a bowl. Lightly fried the diced chilis and mixed it with the corn, then mixed in the diced mango. The hot corn and chilis thawed the frozen mango quickly and it was ready to go in minutes.

I cut crossways on the filet to get some nice pieces for the tacos and heated them on a plate in the microwave. I fried up some white corn tortillas and filled them with the ingredients. The sauce is a bit of LaVictoria Green taco sauce and Hatch brand taco sauce. I always love a good salmon taco.

View attachment 18983View attachment 18984 was hungry in the early afternoon today, after taking the old English Pointer for a couple mile off-leash trek in our semi-wild park. I had smoked a salmon (steelhead, technically) filet a few days back and decided I'd like some tacos made with what we had left over in the fridge.

First, I had to figure out what I could make to garnish the salmon. I found some frozen diced mango and frozen corn. Then I found a can of Ortega diced green chilis. I used a bit of butter in a skillet and fried the corn until I got some light camelization going, put that in a bowl. Lightly fried the diced chilis and mixed it with the corn, then mixed in the diced mango. The hot corn and chilis thawed the frozen mango quickly and it was ready to go in minutes.

I cut crossways on the filet to get some nice pieces for the tacos and heated them on a plate in the microwave. I fried up some white corn tortillas and filled them with the ingredients. The sauce is a bit of LaVictoria Green taco sauce and Hatch brand taco sauce. I always love a good salmon taco.
Now, that looks yummy! For my taste, adding the green Chiles puts it over the top. I prefer Hatch green Chiles, but Ortega will certainly work in a pinch. Nice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back