Bull Cycle Problem?

Xsnrg4u

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just got the Bull 700. Started burn-in. Pellets not feeding. Checked and discovered the auger wiring was never connected at factory. Made adjustments. Started burn in--never got any smoke after the pellets I placed in burn box, burned out; increased feed from 65 to 95 and still no smoke. Stopped burn-in after 1.5 hours; never got any smoke during this phase. Shut everything down and removed all inside grating, shelving, etc. Started back up at 255 degrees. Went inside and a few minutes later heard a loud noise. Went outside to investigate and smoker temp. was 603 degrees. Gloves the was on front shelf was on ground and one of them burnt (new cooking gloves). based upon what I saw, I would say a small explosion of some sort took place inside the 700. Push stop/start button and no response, had to unplug. Started back up and the fan motor (not auger) suppose is constantly cycling off and on. It runs for 3 seconds the shuts off for 4 seconds. Please advise, as I am stuck like chuck on what to do, I haven't even made my first cook and nothing but trouble.

Last edited:
I would call RecTec customer support right away and they'll help you get through this. Sorry that you're having a rough start, but once you get things situated, I'm certain you'll enjoy the food it produces.

Thanks for the tip. I did call, when through some checks and everything checked okay. Living south of Houston, Adam suggested to turn auger down to 35, as that is what he has set for his smoker; it seems his weather & humidity is similar to ours. Did as he suggested and everything seems to be working fine. Tryin' some chicken & ground turkey patties. Tomorrow gonna go for the real deal... brisket & St. Louis Style ribs. Come on sunrise!!

Sounds like you went through the newbie blues. Glad you are now well on your way.

I just did two briskets at once using lumberjack 100% mesquite. They freeze well (Just my wife and I). Saves on pellets and time that way. I have had my Bull for a little over a year now. It's awesome and without issues for me (Android phone).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back