Stampede Damage to where the legs go in

Fightonrob

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I received my 590 yesterday. Today I was in the process of the assembly process, when I noticed the squares to put in the legs were bent. It took a little big of a struggle to put them in but they eventually went in. Should I return this grill or leave it as it. It took almost a month to receive.

Attachments

• 686014F3-EB0F-4B17-94D0-944BDBD0441A.jpeg
    686014F3-EB0F-4B17-94D0-944BDBD0441A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • ED1F01C7-B555-4F5F-AB99-5D9D6223D688.jpeg
    ED1F01C7-B555-4F5F-AB99-5D9D6223D688.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
tighter the fit, the better sit. everything i have ever order and had shipped allways had had a issue . np

I received my 590 yesterday. Today I was in the process of the assembly process, when I noticed the squares to put in the legs were bent. It took a little big of a struggle to put them in but they eventually went in. Should I return this grill or leave it as it. It took almost a month to receive.
My 590 has a forklift blade ding in the front "skirt" that "un-squared" the left leg opening. I re-squared the opening with a large crescent wrench. Luckily I did not have to use the legs as I had a competition cart and the slight warp made no difference.

I know you want it perfect, these things are not cheap. See what it looks like with the legs on, it may not be very noticeable. If you see it and it bugs you, give Rec Teq a call. If nothing else they will most likely comp you with an accessory you would like or something else, I really believe they want you to be happy with your purchase. Good luck!

tighter the fit, the better sit. everything i have ever order and had shipped allways had had a issue . np
Everything you had shipped from recteq had had a issue? Recteq offered to send me a new grill or compensate me but now I'm thinking about it. I don't want another grill that's going to have a different issue. Kind of a pain to have another one shipped.

I know you want it perfect, these things are not cheap. See what it looks like with the legs on, it may not be very noticeable. If you see it and it bugs you, give Rec Teq a call. If nothing else they will most likely comp you with an accessory you would like or something else, I really believe they want you to be happy with your purchase. Good luck!
Thank you! They offered me a new grill or compensate me for the one I have. I'm kind of torn cause it's kind of a pain to ship back and wait for a new one

My 590 has a forklift blade ding in the front "skirt" that "un-squared" the left leg opening. I re-squared the opening with a large crescent wrench. Luckily I did not have to use the legs as I had a competition cart and the slight warp made no difference.
So basically we were kind of in the same boat. It didn't bug me as much as it bugged my fiance since she bought this for me as a gift haha. But I'm debating on sending it back not sure if I should.

If it's gonna drive you nuts everytime you see it, replace it.
RT will work with you either way.
It bugged me at first. To be honest it's bugging mu fiance more than me now. Since she bought it for me as a gift. They aren't cheap so it's kind of annoying. But RT is great and things happen.

If you still have the original packaging you can usually find an unboxing video on Youtube that you can reverse for repackaging. I did that for a Bullseye we received from UPS that had been severely damaged. Recteq sent out a replacement and had UPS pick up the original unit. All we had to do was repack. Excellent service overall.

Everything you had shipped from recteq had had a issue? Recteq offered to send me a new grill or compensate me but now I'm thinking about it. I don't want another grill that's going to have a different issue. Kind of a pain to have another one shipped.
nope. almost everything i have ordered online ie. amazon, ikea, ebay, walmart , my recteq had some small workable issues back in 2014. no big deal.

it’s not a perfect world, myself would only complain if i couldn’t fix it myself.

nope. almost everything i have ordered online ie. amazon, ikea, ebay, walmart , my recteq had some small workable issues back in 2014. no big deal.

it’s not a perfect world, myself would only complain if i couldn’t fix it myself.
Yeah, I totally get it. Things happen and I contacted recteq and they offered to send me a add on which is awesome. So I was definitely happy with that. Debating on what to get. I like the sear kit.

rt has the best customer service ever. glad it worked out for u.

I received my 590 today and it had the exact same damage as yours. It was on the front of the grill where the legs are inserted. I wasn't too happy when I noticed it but decided to mount the legs and then determine what I was going to do. Once I tightened the legs securely the damage was no longer noticeable. Glad to hear recteq is taking care of you.

I received my 590 today and it had the exact same damage as yours. It was on the front of the grill where the legs are inserted. I wasn't too happy when I noticed it but decided to mount the legs and then determine what I was going to do. Once I tightened the legs securely the damage was no longer noticeable. Glad to hear recteq is taking care of you.
Yeah it was kind of upsetting. And I had some scratches on my stainless steel. But when recteq offered me that add on I was happy. You should definitely give them a call or email.

Contact Rec Teq they will compensate you for this. Two of my legs post were not square.

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200428_124747688_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
My 590 had exactly the same kind of damage. I almost wonder is it on purpose to flare the legs out a bit or something? It doesn’t look right but I almost thought that might be the case. I know it kind of sucks since you pay a lot and would like it to be perfect when you get it. I reached out and they sent some rubs as a good will gesture and I was ok with that. I figured the grill wouldn’t look new after a cook or two anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back