Dealing with pollen

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Now that pollen season is approaching for many of us, what do you do to deal with it, if anything? I got my RecTeq last year right after pollen season ended so I haven't had to deal with it until now.
My smoker sits on a covered screen porch, without a grill cover.

Do you just wipe off your smoker periodically? Do you use a cover to keep the pollen off when not in use? Something else? Nothing?

Well, we don‘t have a pollen problem here where I live, but I do know it is a serious issue for those who do. My daughter and her husband live in the SC Low Country, and the first time I experienced it firsthand I couldn’t believe it. My son-in-law has a combo grill/stick burner smoker and he doesn’t even cover it, so the pollen must be a non-issue for him.

Well, we don‘t have a pollen problem here where I live, but I do know it is a serious issue for those who do. My daughter and her husband live in the SC Low Country, and the first time I experienced it firsthand I couldn’t believe it. My son-in-law has a combo grill/stick burner smoker and he doesn’t even cover it, so the pollen must be a non-issue for him.
I'm jealous, I love the low country, lived there for 6 yrs. Miss it.

Here in Georgia we just kinda deal with it. My grill last spring. Same deal, kept inside the screened-in porch when not in use.

pollen.jpg

Take more allergy meds and keep on cooking. Never had pollen coating a grill impact how well it worked.

Where I live in MA we'll get our dose of pollen in May/June. I've had cars wind up looking like a tennis ball with wheels. Everything outside gets a coating until the rain falls.

Do you just wipe it off periodically and not worry about it getting all up in everything?

Yeah, I just use a damp rag and wipe it off. Sometimes it is thick and requires multiple wipes with a rinsed rag to get it fairly cleaned up. As for the inside, just have not noticed or worried about the inside.

Do you just wipe it off periodically and not worry about it getting all up in everything?
This will be my first pollen season with the Bullseye and I got the cover for it so we'll see on if it gets wiped down any. On my stick burners I just let the rain take care of pollen build up since there's no electronics to worry about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back