Bull Delivery on Monday!!

Grillmaster74

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
I just received a call from UPS and my RT-700 is going to be delivered Monday. This is a gift for my husband. I am concerned about how I am going to get it from the end of my driveway to the garage which is about 90ft. How big is the box ? Is it something that could be carried ? How many people would I need ?

It's fairly big, and yes it's heavy..I would ask the driver to back as close to the garage door as possible when he drops it off. I'm sure you have to sign for something like that, so I doubt he'd just plop it at the end of the driveway.
Id start calling friends and calling in favors.

IMG_20190620_141605.jpg

IMG_20190620_170538.jpg

I got a stampede 590 and it came on a pallet, much to big for the driver to lift. The truck had a tommy gate and the delivery driver used a pallet jack to put the pallet where I wanted it.... Hopefully this will be the case come Monday. Congratulations!!! Your husband is about to have the best Christmas ever!

They do have a pallet jack with them, as long as they don't have to deal with snow. ( Don't know your location) I had to pull mine to the garage with atv

What the guys have said so far is good as far as they've gone, but it sounds like you're new to the delivery of large, potentially heavy items. The good news is the trucking guys are more experienced than you are and will likely make life easier on you than you might believe/imagine.

First, in case you don't know what a "pallet jack" is I'll post a pic. It makes it relatively easy for a driver to accommodate your wishes for placement as long as you have paved and fairly flat access. I'm a gizmoholic and in my lifetime I've probably gotten 40-50 deliveries of pallet mounted objects of all kinds, and never have I had a delivery driver just drop it at the curb as most vendors will warn. They are being as cautious as possible to set reasonable expectations and not have to deal with irate customers. A variation on the "under promise, over deliver" mantra. If you treat the driver with respect and a cheerful attitude that reflects your enthusiasm for their service they will usually be very willing to move the pallet load to your desired location as long as you don't make it difficult for them. If you've got a slightly more challenging situation a reasonable "tip" might be in order as a show of appreciation. As an example, the heaviest item I ever had delivered that the driver drug some 80ish feet down my drive only cost me listening to his story about some of the crazy/rude customers he had to endure. It's that respect thing again.

pallet jack.jpg

I'm sure you'll be fine. My RT-700 Platinum package took 2 pallets up. It came Wednesday. We asked the driver to spot it in the garage, which is sloped up and at least 75 feet. He did it with my help pushing the package while the driver pulled the pallet jack. My wife tipped him $20. But she's always like that. It took me all afternoon to assemble it. But I was alone without any help to lift things.

Attachments

• 20191218_130413.jpg
    20191218_130413.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 70
  • 20191218_190553.jpg
    20191218_190553.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back