Did my inaugural run on Father's day

jojocall

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello from Idaho! I'm new to pellet smoking. I have been "playing" with smoking on my gas grill for the last couple years and decided to bite the bullet. After too much time on line reading reviews I settled on RecTeq.
Got a 700 for Father's day. Did the assembly last week, and the burn off Friday night.
Father's Day menu:
9lb Pork Butt
3 racks of spare ribs
Smoked mac and cheese
Items not done on the 700 - Baked beans, slaw, fruit salad, upside down pineapple cake

Unfortunately, I way underestimated the cook time on the Butt so dinner proceeded without the pulled pork. No one went hungry, and now we have lots of leftover pulled pork!

Looking forward to learning and getting better at smoking now that I have a legit way to do it.

Hello from Idaho! I'm new to pellet smoking. I have been "playing" with smoking on my gas grill for the last couple years and decided to bite the bullet. After too much time on line reading reviews I settled on RecTeq.
Got a 700 for Father's day. Did the assembly last week, and the burn off Friday night.
Father's Day menu:
9lb Pork Butt
3 racks of spare ribs
Smoked mac and cheese
Items not done on the 700 - Baked beans, slaw, fruit salad, upside down pineapple cake

Unfortunately, I way underestimated the cook time on the Butt so dinner proceeded without the pulled pork. No one went hungry, and now we have lots of leftover pulled pork!

Looking forward to learning and getting better at smoking now that I have a legit way to do it.
With any of these cooks it's best to start early and if done early it can always be put into a warm beer cooler to keep it warm for hours.

Welcome! I think some of the best grillers and people in the world are on this forum! This is the place for the best information. I am a relative newby and now cook mostly effortlessly thanks to my RT-590 and RT-Bullseye and the people here!

What I love is what you have experienced, even though I might mess up, the food is still good!

Looking forward to many successful cooks and shares!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back