Stampede Dino bones

I cooked a rack and they came out really good. Trimmed excess fat, removed the membrane, and seasoned with just salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder. Set the smoker to 225 and cooked for about 6 hours. Internal temp was about 203 before they became probe tender.

I do similar to @Dr.Floyd . Salt & pepper rub, Lo for an hour or two then 250 until done. 203-208 internal temp but probe tender is the key.
Also - don’t pull the membrane on plate ribs.

6 to 8 hours depending on the particular piece of meat. It’s faster than brisket but still low and slow BB….and worth the wait.
IMG_5182.jpeg

I do similar to @Dr.Floyd . Salt & pepper rub, Lo for an hour or two then 250 until done. 203-208 internal temp but probe tender is the key.
Also - don’t pull the membrane on plate ribs.
@Waterboy

I pull my membrane on Dinos. Curious about the reasoning… I really just do it because usually its so damn thick and what I’m used to anyway.

@OP… I follow basically the same as everyone else except I inject. I also go the 1st 2 hours on 180. If you’ve got prime or American Wagyu really not necessary but alot of times all I can find is choice and I
inject those.

I let mine rest for at least an hour sometimes 2. My favorite thing to smoke…

I pull my membrane on Dinos. Curious about the reasoning… I really just do it because usually its so damn thick and what I’m used to anyway.
I leave the membrane on because the one time I pulled it the rack fell apart when I took it off the grill. It is tough when gnawing the good stuff off the bone but for me I‘d rather have that than the fall apart I experienced. It really didn’t affect the flavor of the meat just didn’t like things falling apart.

I leave the membrane on because the one time I pulled it the rack fell apart when I took it off the grill. It is tough when gnawing the good stuff off the bone but for me I‘d rather have that than the fall apart I experienced. It really didn’t affect the flavor of the meat just didn’t like things falling apart.
I never even heard of pulling off the membrane until I joined this site. What a PITA. I like eating it & didn't notice any taste difference.

I leave the membrane on for beef ribs. Off or scored for pork. I use fish skinners for removing the pork membrane or a paper towel. Skinners work nice though. YMMV.
I’ll have to try a fish skinner… sometimes paper towel is good other times a pita lol.
Thanks for the info

I have cooked with the membrane on and with it off. I haven't had it fall apart on me yet, but maybe will leave it on for future cooks. I did notice the the ribs tasted better with the membrane off because the spices penetrate the meat better.

charlesrshell. "What a PITA. I like eating it & didn't notice any taste difference."
Me neither. But keep it to yourself. I wouldn't want anyone else on this forum to know that I said that.

Just finished dinner tonight pulled the membrane on these and injected, they were choice. Rubbed with mustard binder, MC Holy Cow and HC Carnivore black rub. Very good flavor.

2 hours at 180
225 until 202 probe tender. About 7 hours.

Used Reqteq beef injection I picked up while in Evans a few weeks ago. Very good flavor although i’ve used both their pork and beef injections now, and definitely back off on what they say on there recipe. Very strong if you mix it to their suggestions.

IMG_9501.jpeg

IMG_9502.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bulldawg2024
Back