Bull Does anyone who own a Bull wish they bought a Stampede?

kennyschmidt

I recently purchased the RT-700 but it has not shipped. My last pellet smoker (GMG) was around 456 sq inches of grilling space and it had always been big enough for what I was cooking. A tree from my bro bird yard fell over in a storm and damaged that grill so I thought I would take the opportunity of upgrading to a RecTeq and planned on purchasing the RT-590 due to a similar size but still bigger than my old smoker. I ended up taking myself in going for the RT-700 but now I’m second guessing the much larger size. Has anyone regretted buying the RT-700 over the RT-590? I wish I could go somewhere to look at them side by side. Thanks for the help.

Posted this in another thread back in October:

The main difference is that the 700 is about 7" wider cooking area 29" (590) vs. 36" (700). Both cooking areas are 20" deep and 9.5" inside clearance. So roughly one more rack of ribs. The 590 claims 5 racks vs. 700 @ 6 racks. Overall footprint, however the 700 is 12" wider.

In addition, if you watch some of the recent recteq youtube videos, you can see both models, sometimes next to each other.

I spoke to recteq this morning about our RT-700 shipment. They plan to start shipping Black Friday bundles on Thursday Dec 3rd. I own a Napoleon Prestige Pro 825. I've never regretted having the extra cooking space ceramic searing burners or side grills and rotisserie. Great to have the space to cook multiple dishes at the same time in the same space. Better to have more space than needed than too little. Just my two cents. If you have the space go big.

Nope I'm completely happy with my RT700 Bull. I will admit I was seriously looking at the RT590 Stampede before but the more I researched the grills and others the Bull's build was better, the deal at the time I bought it with the package I got made it a easy choice.

Love my Bull. When we moved to this house, I downsized my gas grill and always regretted it. I have no regrets about the size of the Bull.

Thanks for the help! Not sure why I second guess myself but I want to make the correct purchase the first time with something that costs this much. The videos mentioned by Lage1829 were helpful. I had been looking online for pictures of the grills side by side.

The other thing that I noticed compared to my GMG is that the headroom is about 4" shorter on the Rec Teq grills. Does anyone have any issues with the headroom on the Bull? I cant think of anything that I have cooked that would be too tall to fit in the Bull but thought that I would check. This forum has been really useful. Before I found it, I think I would have just bought another GMG but I think I have definitely upgraded

i sold my 680 because i didn’t need the size (empty nesters) and i really wanted to try the 590 i really do still want to play with a 590 (hope rec teq reads here). i even ordered a 590 and the same day i called back and upgraded to a 700.

why?

well with any pellet grill there is responsibility’s. after you own one for awhile you know that you will start lacking in the responsibility department, we all do it it happens. it’s part of life, you know : i will put the cover on in the morning and 3 weeks latter after major rain storms “oh shit well i’ll just clean the pellets out this weekend and that turns into 2 more weeks.

finally when you find the time your find a clogged auger, well it adds anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the clog

im pretty good at taking the auger out of the 680 that is the same as the 700. the reason that i didn’t go with the 590 is that it has a 14” auger vs 7” for the 700. the side box on the 590 looks like a chore to remove. on the 700 4 screws 2 hex screws, a pray bar and a hammer.

so i did order the 700 because it’s the same as the 680, and that 680 treated me well. and i know how fast and what needs to be done to repair it.

for any grill i buy i look at the long term maintenance and ease of repair.

i still would like to try a 590.

very happy with my 700.

and please note cloggs happen on every pellet grill made. when the owner isn’t responsible enough to take the steps to keep them from happening.

im one of those people,

i am a rec teq user since 2014. i don’t think there is another brand i would go to.

I recently purchased the RT-700 but it has not shipped. My last pellet smoker (GMG) was around 456 sq inches of grilling space and it had always been big enough for what I was cooking. A tree from my bro bird yard fell over in a storm and damaged that grill so I thought I would take the opportunity of upgrading to a RecTeq and planned on purchasing the RT-590 due to a similar size but still bigger than my old smoker. I ended up taking myself in going for the RT-700 but now I’m second guessing the much larger size. Has anyone regretted buying the RT-700 over the RT-590? I wish I could go somewhere to look at them side by side. Thanks for the help.
Man I remember when I ordered my Bull and I was in the same exact situation as you. Everyone said the same thing to me about grill space etc etc and I thought I would still go back and get the 590 instead.

Fast forward a few years, I never did call back to change my order and have the RT-700 on my patio. I'll tell you, I've not regretted it not even for a second. Not only is the extra grill space amazing to have, it looks freaking cool on my patio and it's super easy to clean. If you can afford it, the RT-700 is the flagship model for a reason. Just my $0.02

Man I remember when I ordered my Bull and I was in the same exact situation as you. Everyone said the same thing to me about grill space etc etc and I thought I would still go back and get the 590 instead.

Fast forward a few years, I never did call back to change my order and have the RT-700 on my patio. I'll tell you, I've not regretted it not even for a second. Not only is the extra grill space amazing to have, it looks freaking cool on my patio and it's super easy to clean. If you can afford it, the RT-700 is the flagship model for a reason. Just my $0.02
Thanks! I figure that a few hundred dollars over many years of grilling and not regretting buying the smaller grill is worth it.

I went pretty well to my limit in spending with the Bull, competition cart and other accessories. After six months I have zero regrets. We will enjoy this purchase for years to come.

There were several things I liked about the Bull over the 590, Dedicated smoke stack versus vent holes. Larger hopper in the back that also acts as a shelf. Added space for grilling due to wider surface area and left side shelf/controller just looks better. Also thought the rounded look was more appealing. Some of this just a person choice. For a few extra dollars thought the Bull was worth it.

I specifically purchased the 700 because the hopper wider and should help the pellets drop to the auger better. The vertical hopper get bridging to easy. I am very happy with my 700

Personally, I went the other way. I considered an RT-700 long and hard (GMG DB WiFi previously) and just couldn't get to that price tag. I've owned various smokers for over a decade now (bit of a 'que n00b, really) and since it's just the wife & I, I couldn't get to that price tag based on our needs. Even the GMG DB was a bit overkill most of the time. It was nice when I cooked for a larger group but that's pretty infrequent and even then I wasn't ever wishing I had more space.

Given that origin story I opted for the RT-590 which arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are VERY good and I'm quite happy with my purchase. The quality, craftsmanship and materials is on a different level from my GMG DB which is on another level from the stuff you see in big box stores. This RT-590 makes those look like aluminum cans hobbled together with duct tape.

The improvements from my previous solution are immediately apparent though and the few big differences I bought this one for will come in QUITE handy I'm sure even though I haven't yet used it other than the initial break-in. I can't wait to grab a Papa Murphy's take & bake pizza on my way home, pop open the app and fire up the smoker to have it ready to go when I get home so we're eating 15min later. I'm more convinced now than I was at the time of ordering that I made the right decision. I just hope this things performs as well as I've read because I will have found my forever smoker finally.

That said, if you have the space and the price difference isn't a big deal go for the RT-700. The shorter auger, larger pellet hopper & longer warranty are worth the price of admission IMO. I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I personally love the look of the bull, and it makes me happy every time I take off the cover.

On grill space, I'm already running out on the bull, and asked for an interior shelf for Christmas! You would be amazed at how quickly the grill space fills up once you're cooking for two or more families.

Great topic. I had the same questions when I was purchasing. I ended up getting the 590 due to already having a 40 inch Lion gas grill. I have smoked 15 pound briskets, 2 9 pound pork shoulders and up to 6 racks of ribs using a rib rack. I think the looks of the 700 are much nicer but as far as need for more space, I can ever imagine needing to cook more than those amounts of meets. I got the shelf when I bought the 590 for extra space and have not needed to use it. The only time I needed more space was this thanksgiving when I had an 18 pound and 16 pound turkeys. I was roast/smoking and could only fit one as the roasting pans were each 21 inches long. Not sure that would have even fit in the 700. Very happy with the 590 but like the looks of the 700 better.

I am single and have the 700... It is the "ONLY" way to go..IMHO.. But I also own a 380 that I use for Hot and Fast...I go all of my long and slow cooks on the 700, and both with friend and grand kids....So I use both every week...

If you buy the smaller Grill, and find you need just a bit more room, you can always get a "Left Handed Grill Stretcher"
Left Handed Grill Stretcher.jpg

Available at most Home and Garden Stores ! :rolleyes::);):sneaky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back