Dumba$$

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
So I thought it was time to clean my grill after having smoked that brisket last week. I felt I'm going to give this onion business instead of wire brush a try,. So I turned the grill on and set it to 400 if I recall right. The idea was to get the grates hot before cleaning them. Went in and sat down in my easy chair while it was heating up. In a few minutes my wife said, " I smell smoke." So I step outside and sure enough, I've got a grease fire going like mad. Shooting out the side every time the fan kicked on. I got my Hot gloves on and got the grease bucket off between bursts of flames. Then just waited it out. It was only then and after a stern lecture from my scary 98 pound bride, given in her school bus driver voice, that I thought to myself, why am I cleaning my grill? Oh, yeah. So I won't have a grease fire.

Some people will do anything for a new cooker (lol). Glad you didn’t have it near any combustibles. I cringe every time I see someone with a grill near their house or structure. Ask my neighbor how it went with his $110K outdoor kitchen.

IMG_3843.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bulldawg2024
Back