Early Christmas

TikiJammin

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I've been going back and forth for 6 months about if I wanted to get a pellet grill. When I saw the Black Friday sale with the free competition cart my decision was made. My wife wasn't convinced I needed another grill. Convinced her to order the 590 for my "Christmas Present". It came in today. Assembled but have to wait until tomorrow for burn in. Haven't been this excited hoping it arrived everyday since she ordered it.

Attachments

• 20201214_202004.jpg
    20201214_202004.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • 20201214_202036.jpg
    20201214_202036.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
What way do you face your handles? This way felt more comfortable but the other way gives it a better look.

I am glad you got yours! Mine is supposed to be delivered 12/15, we will see. It spent an actual 1 day in transit, the other 10 days it has spent split between the Atlanta terminal or the St. Louis terminal. I think it is the truck lines plan to delay delivery so the end customer gets po'd and picks it up himself from the terminal, thus saving the truck line money because then they do not have to load onto a local truck and deliver it. Oh well, at least it's not an organ I need for a transplant! Good luck with your burn in and hope you have a great first cook on it. Report on you first cook, let us know what you think!

@TikiJammin it looks like your Stampede found a good home. I don’t know what else you have in your arsenal but I know you’ll enjoy cooking on this grill. Once you start cooking on it your wife will be 100% behind the purchase! Let us know how it goes.

What way do you face your handles? This way felt more comfortable but the other way gives it a better look.
I, too, noticed that you could put them on either way physically. I looked to Recteq's website and saw all the pictures had one way so that's how I put them on. Not sure it matters though ultimately.

4 years ago early Christmas was a Weber Smokey Mountain 22. Last week that smoker became someone else's early Christmas. Sold to a good home. The Recteq is a game changer.

I've been going back and forth for 6 months about if I wanted to get a pellet grill. When I saw the Black Friday sale with the free competition cart my decision was made. My wife wasn't convinced I needed another grill. Convinced her to order the 590 for my "Christmas Present". It came in today. Assembled but have to wait until tomorrow for burn in. Haven't been this excited hoping it arrived everyday since she ordered it.
Congrats on the new RT-590 with competition cart. I am jealous because that's the setup I am looking to get for myself. I am curious to know where you found this deal. Pretty sure the offer has expired, but if not, I will definitely do that deal myself. Once again congrats on the purchase. Enjoy!

Congrats on the new RT-590 with competition cart. I am jealous because that's the setup I am looking to get for myself. I am curious to know where you found this deal. Pretty sure the offer has expired, but if not, I will definitely do that deal myself. Once again congrats on the purchase. Enjoy!
It was a black Friday thing and they ran out of the competition carts.

Thanks rorosz. I found it on the rectec site. It was the Black Friday sale. That special is over but they do run half off on accessories sometimes. The deal is what got me to finally get it. I've done several cooks so far. Did snow crabs and burgers today. Tomorrow is prime rib. Good luck. You won't be sorry making the purchase.

Attachments

• 20201219_160010.jpg
    20201219_160010.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Thanks rorosz. I found it on the rectec site. It was the Black Friday sale. That special is over but they do run half off on accessories sometimes. The deal is what got me to finally get it. I've done several cooks so far. Did snow crabs and burgers today. Tomorrow is prime rib. Good luck. You won't be sorry making the purchase.
Wait... Snow Crabs? Tell me more!! Time, temp etc

Picked them up from winn dixie in the seafood department. They come cooked,frozen and sold by the lb. 250° for 30-40 minutes. Put a small cast iron pan with butter garlic and dizzy dust. Once the butter melted i basted every 10 minutes amd flipped. Gives it a hint of smoke. Dont cook too long as just heating up. Use left over garlic butter to dip in. Next time I have to make more as my son ate them as fast as I could pull the meat. Let me know if you try it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back