Father’s Day Spread

GromitInWA

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Smoked beef plate ribs, tri tip and corn on my Stampede. My neighbor used his charcoal grill for pork ribs. I did low and slow for my beef. The beef ribs were seasoned with salt, pepper and Peppered Cow. The tri tip was seasoned with Trader Joe‘s Coffee BBQ Rub, their Everyday Seasoning and salt and pepper. The spritz was a combination of water, apple cider vinegar and a summer citrusy IPA. Everything got a nice rest in butcher in a cooler, and the tri tip was seared prior to serving.

It was all very tasty but I wouldn’t do the beef ribs again due to cost/meat ratio at least here in the Seattle area. They were not as meaty as I was hoping (I realized this at the butcher but was committed to the project) and cost $11.99/lb!
75631687-D31F-4802-BE6C-A4792D7234B0.jpeg

09F2F65F-B66B-41A0-8898-311073352DAD.jpeg

5D220353-A01C-49B9-B827-2A3BA8FC8590.jpeg

21AEEB4B-FE14-483C-8C26-BA4DFFED88BB.jpeg

Wow, the food looks amazing. Great pics. The beef ribs, cost aside look great, How did they taste? How was the tri-tip? ??

Wow, the food looks amazing. Great pics. The beef ribs, cost aside look great, How did they taste? How was the tri-tip? ??
The ribs tasted like brisket :) I might have over salted a little. The tri tip was good too but I preferred the taste and texture of the ribs. the tri tip seared up nicely on the regular grates at full temp probably because that coffee rub has some sugar in it (my sear grates arrive this week).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back