Favorite place to buy spices

Bucknaked77

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Looking to buy spices off the internet. I live in a town of 1800 people so options are a bit limited. What is your favorite website or if you shop in Chattanooga or Knoxville where do you go to get your spices besides Walmart, Kroger ect

Not in Tennessee myself, but Whole Foods would not be a bad choice. I purchase spices primarily from WF or online from Amazon. You are also not too far from Buc-ee’s if you want access to a large selection of rubs. The Meat Church rubs, available at Buc-ee’s, IMO, are excellent.

Last edited:
Looking to buy spices off the internet. I live in a town of 1800 people so options are a bit limited. What is your favorite website or if you shop in Chattanooga or Knoxville where do you go to get your spices besides Walmart, Kroger ect
In the Knoxville area, I've been surprised with the variety of rubs et al displayed at Elder's Ace Hardware. They have several stores in Knoxville and Chattanooga areas. I've seen some seasoning that I thought was only available to me via internet. No need to rush over to one of their stores, but keep it in mind when you are nearby.

My favorites are heffer dust for steak grill mates Montreal for chicken and turkey love the lanes sweet heat for ribs meat church is great for pork butts.

20230107_165927.jpg

Not in TN, but I’ve also seen my local ACE Hardware up their game in the selection of BBQ rubs/sauces lately. If you’re looking for bulk spices another place that surprised me was Rural King, if there are any of those in your area.

Lanes is literally down the street from me, you can never go wrong.
My fav is Meat Church, Myron Mixon, some of John Henrys and Kinder.

So many possibilities to choose from 🤤🤤🤤

I live in Nashville...Online, my go to are MeatChurch or BBQRight. They have great seasons. If I go Shopping, we have Academy Sports, that has a great selection of seasonings, grill accessories, pellet selection and a variety of lump charcoal.

I highly recommend The Lawman Rub Co in Knoxville. Chuck is a standup guy from my neck of the woods that recently escaped back to America upon retirement and set up a shop (as well as an online store). He has his own product line as well as carrying many of the popular and competition proven products. My favorite is his Deputy Coach lemon pepper in honor of his colleague killed in the line of duty.

I highly recommend The Lawman Rub Co in Knoxville. Chuck is a standup guy from my neck of the woods that recently escaped back to America upon retirement and set up a shop (as well as an online store). He has his own product line as well as carrying many of the popular and competition proven products. My favorite is his Deputy Coach lemon pepper in honor of his colleague killed in the line of duty.
Now you've done it Pacman. Checked out his website this morning and placed an order already. His retail location is not too far from some of my regular jaunts so I'll be checking that out as well. Appreciate your recommendation. I know I'm going to be in trouble on the home front soon.......:cool:

But my favorite for beef is Hardcore Carnivore Black. I like beef to taste like beef, and this just really enhances that beef flavor.
I was in Cabela’s yesterday and had a bottle of that in my hand, but didn’t bring it home. I value your opinion, so I’ll pick one up the next time I’m there. I don’t go to Cabela’s often, but they are next door to my Costco store.

LIke others, an Ace Hardware(not the cloest one to me) has just an amazing selection from everything I've heard of to ones I haven't heard of. I personally love all the Meat Church rubs.

How much $/oz makes your eyes bug out and immediately pass on the rub?
I understand specific spices can make a world of difference in cost, I mean in general; For instance a lot of people here have a preferred pellet threshold of $.50/lb. What would be your general threshold on a rub?
(Yes, an ounce of saffron is ~$180, but salt, pepper and sugar are only pennies per ounce and often the top ingredients.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back