Final Night of Pizza

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After 4 nights of pizza (I like to try something til I get it right or how I like it), pizza was done right. Made my own crust this morning following a recipe from cooks illustrated. They are a great source of cooking info. Homemade sauce and fresh basil from the garden. I’ve been told you can make your own mozzarella but im not up to that yet. Bull reached 520, cooked one on pizza stone and one on RECTEC mat. Both were good. As is my typical mode, after I’m good with something, we will not have it again for a while. Pizza- mission accomplished. ??

Attachments

• 761F2BD2-C585-4B01-8596-4E2DF6DFC8B2.jpeg
    761F2BD2-C585-4B01-8596-4E2DF6DFC8B2.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 84
  • A9F7D369-CF81-43F7-AF20-743767ACF4E6.jpeg
    A9F7D369-CF81-43F7-AF20-743767ACF4E6.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 90
After 4 nights of pizza (I like to try something til I get it right or how I like it), pizza was done right. Made my own crust this morning following a recipe from cooks illustrated. They are a great source of cooking info. Homemade sauce and fresh basil from the garden. I’ve been told you can make your own mozzarella but im not up to that yet. Bull reached 520, cooked one on pizza stone and one on RECTEC mat. Both were good. As is my typical mode, after I’m good with something, we will not have it again for a while. Pizza- mission accomplished. ??
It looks great pizza mission accomplished, congratulations. Home made dough has a lot to do with getting the perfect pizzas on the grill. Now 4 nights of pizza it reminds me of many dinners, lunch and breakfast a very very long time ago.(y)

Last edited:
It looks great pizza mission accomplished, congratulations. Home made dough has a lot to do with getting the perfect pizzas on the grill. Now 4 nights of pizza it reminds me of many dinners, lunch and breakfast a very very long time ago.(y)
Compulsive - when I'm working on a recipe I usually stay at it til I think I got it right. Otherwise, every time I make it, it's just not right. I usually write it all down in a journal so I remember next time BUT, lately, i feel I'll just remember. I won't. Lazy, lazy, lazy. ??

Just loaded the Bull with Lumberjack char hickory and plan to start 3 racks of ribs around noon today. Hoping the butcher has ribs this morning or move to Plan B, as of yet undetermined. ??

Just loaded the Bull with Lumberjack char hickory and plan to start 3 racks of ribs around noon today. Hoping the butcher has ribs this morning or move to Plan B, as of yet undetermined. ??
Please let us know how you like the Lumberjack Char Hickory pellets.

Please let us know how you like the Lumberjack Char Hickory pellets.
I’ve used them before. They are very good. I’m probably not the best judge of “added flavor”. It seems like they add a good flavor. I’m not one of those wine guys who can taste a hint of oak with an overlay of bayberry and malted milk. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back