First Pizza

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I cooked my first pizza on the bull tonight. I made dough this morning and cut into 3 pizzas. One margarita, one shrimp and one with whole garlic. Wasn’t sure if if should use a stone or the mat. I decided to use both to compare. All 3 turned out thin and crispy. Excellent. The crust was chewy and crispy. Any suggestion for great toppings?

Attachments

• DF9B0BF4-378F-4A16-AD2C-9FFADC417BEB.jpeg
    DF9B0BF4-378F-4A16-AD2C-9FFADC417BEB.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 2DA7EEB7-2DCE-4489-B818-75906E995B2D.jpeg
    2DA7EEB7-2DCE-4489-B818-75906E995B2D.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Well, you know you can never go wrong with garlic....

All three look great and tasty! When it come to pizzas, I'm a minimalist. Margarita's are always a good pick, as are fresh veggies, or sausage.

Well, you know you can never go wrong with garlic....

All three look great and tasty! When it come to pizzas, I'm a minimalist. Margarita's are always a good pick, as are fresh veggies, or sausage.
I was really surprised at how good they were. I didn’t see a lot of difference between the pizza stone and the mat. The Bull is big enough to do 2 pizzas at the same time. ??

I was really surprised at how good they were. I didn’t see a lot of difference between the pizza stone and the mat. The Bull is big enough to do 2 pizzas at the same time. ??
My Bull arriving next week, can’t wait to try!

Pizza on the bull is hard to beat...great job!

I cooked my first pizza on the bull tonight. I made dough this morning and cut into 3 pizzas. One margarita, one shrimp and one with whole garlic. Wasn’t sure if if should use a stone or the mat. I decided to use both to compare. All 3 turned out thin and crispy. Excellent. The crust was chewy and crispy. Any suggestion for great toppings?

Great fun! Pizza is happy food.

On the toppings, I never get tired of pepperoni, mushroom and olive, with lots of basil added after the bake. Fresh parm on top of all that is even better. I do like a margherita pie once in a while. The wife likes a "white pizza" (no sauce) with multiple cheeses. She is a fan of a pesto sauce based pie as well. I can get into those too. But this is a bbq forum, so some kind of bbq meat is appropriate. Pulled pork or brisket with bark is killer.

On the toppings, I never get tired of pepperoni, mushroom and olive, with lots of basil added after the bake. Fresh parm on top of all that is even better. I do like a margherita pie once in a while. The wife likes a "white pizza" (no sauce) with multiple cheeses. She is a fan of a pesto sauce based pie as well. I can get into those too. But this is a bbq forum, so some kind of bbq meat is appropriate. Pulled pork or brisket with bark is killer.
This will be added to my to do BBQ to do list.

Last edited:

I like the idea of white pizza. I also had calamata olives but forgot to use them. I didn’t have any BBQ left over but will save some next time. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back