Football season begins what’s cookin?

Hawkikr1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
What’s everyone cooking today post it up? I got some queso dip with chorizo. Then about 10lbs of wings to go on for the 4pm games. Let’s see what you got!!!

3EC21422-7DD5-4013-AF0A-39160B98081E.jpeg

Thanks!!! It was definitely delicious!!! I was a lil too aggressive with the rub, so I’ll have to back off just a touch on the next one

I just finished trimming up my college game day brisket. I already put the rub on, injected and placed it in the fridge for some sleepy time. I’ll take pics tomorrow morning before it goes on and post them. Can’t wait! Caught it on sale at Kroger for $2.99lb Choice. Pre-weight was13.73lb. After the trim it was just shy of 11lb. can’t wait to get cooking tomorrow morning about 0400.

I just finished trimming up my college game day brisket. I already put the rub on, injected and placed it in the fridge for some sleepy time. I’ll take pics tomorrow morning before it goes on and post them. Can’t wait! Caught it on sale at Kroger for $2.99lb Choice. Pre-weight was13.73lb. After the trim it was just shy of 11lb. can’t wait to get cooking tomorrow morning about 0400.
Sounds awesome can’t wait to see it!

can’t wait to get cooking tomorrow morning about 0400.
We're in the magical land of remote control grills - why the heck are you getting up at 4?
Put it on at a low temp - maybe set an alarm (clock alarm - not recteq alarm) to bump the temp and go back to sleep - and then you can hang with your buddies instead of being one of the guys who falls asleep and has stuff drawn on his forehead with a sharpie.

Both of those look great. The bark on the brisket is amazing. And those wings look so crisp! Wings are certainly a family favorite on game days. My son is now playing (5th grade) so his games are mostly in the am. Today happens to be at 3 but my MSU Spartans play at 730. So, i will have the wings prepped and will put them on the minute we walk in from the game and they will be ready by game time! I hope mine look like those. Freaking Greek Rub, Asian Persuasion, A Ranch rub (for one kid) and a Buffalo Rub for me. 24 big wings for six of us. (cut/separate myself).

Tossed on a rack of ribs for my wife and me and watched football all day. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday!

Start was good. I completely didn’t finish the pics I wanted to. Got busy with family and friends. It turned out great. I have enough vac sealed for brisket chili in a few weeks. My 590 probes were about 5 degrees off according to my insta read probe. The 590 showed 5 degrees low. It was ok. I separated the flat and point and tried the Burnt ends. They turned out ok. They were’nt falling apart tender so I don’t know if that is right or not. First time. The flat was perfect. Good pull and bend. Smoke ring was right on point.

69EABB47-06E1-48BA-9FDD-4CDCFAFBC74E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back