Gonna bug the crap out of you guys!

Mikey46

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Greetings from SW Missouri.

Right off the back, let me say that I don't know anything about smoking. I was in the market for a new gas grill, with plans to purchase a smoker to practice on this summer. After learning about and researching wood pellet grills, I decided maybe that would be a better way to go. Then came the countless hours of research between the companies, my budget, my needs, etc. I was going to go with something like Pit Boss, Camp Chef, or GMG to keep the cost down despite my buddy trying to talk me into a Traeger, and me wishing I could afford a Yoder (or any of the others that are 100% American made). Through the thousands of reviews I read, YouTube videos I watched, and Forums I looked at, the one company I kept coming back to was RT (customer service is the #1 thing I always look at). I knew I would be back to being over my budget; however, today I said screw it and ordered the RT340. I know it may be a little small, but since I only cook for myself and maybe a couple friends if they stop by to have a beer and let me annoy them, so I figured it should be a decent size to start with. I also took into consideration that I was going to be purchasing another grill to take on all my camping trips, so now I won't have to.

With all that boring crap out of the way, I'm super stoked to have finally made this purchase and really looking forward to receiving it and to bugging the crap out of all you guys for help on this journey. I've been reading through this forum for a while and everyone seems super cool and helpful.

Maybe someday I will move the 340 to strictly camping and order the 700 for my house. :)

Mikey

Welcome and Congrats on the new grill. Lots of great info here. RT makes some great grills. I use mine all the time and I am not an expert but have had some great tasting food using my Bull. I still have my weber gaser and use it for searing, burgers, etc.

Congrats on pulling the trigger, brutha! I just got my 340 and it's been pretty sweet so far.

Like yourself, I also chose the 340 with the intention to upgrade to the RT-700 later on and move the 340 to camping duty. Plus I felt that it would give me the time to figure out how the these pellet type grills work prior to investing $1200+ on the bigger model. So far I haven't been disappointed at all. Especially coming from stick burners & charcoal...which I still have. But I don't foresee them being used nearly as much anymore. Lol

Smoking Tip #1: Throw away your clock/timer and focus on temps. The meat will tell you when it's done.

Smoking Tip #2: Make sure the beer is cold, and make damn sure there's plenty of it!

Smoking Tip #3: See #2

Cheers! ?

Darrell

Welcome. You are going to love your RT and use it all the time. I know I do. Matter of fact have a couple St. Louie racks on the pit as we speak! Enjoy your new cooker.

Welcome Aboard - I can vouch for the Customer Service, they are amazing. This forum is fantastic as well. I try the search function but I have to admit...it's not always helpful...but I try...if i can't find the answer I will ask. Everyone here is super chill and willing to help, well from my experience anyhow. Again...Welcome to the Rec Tec Family.

Congrats on pulling the trigger, brutha! I just got my 340 and it's been pretty sweet so far.

Like yourself, I also chose the 340 with the intention to upgrade to the RT-700 later on and move the 340 to camping duty. Plus I felt that it would give me the time to figure out how the these pellet type grills work prior to investing $1200+ on the bigger model. So far I haven't been disappointed at all. Especially coming from stick burners & charcoal...which I still have. But I don't foresee them being used nearly as much anymore. Lol

Smoking Tip #1: Throw away your clock/timer and focus on temps. The meat will tell you when it's done.

Smoking Tip #2: Make sure the beer is cold, and make damn sure there's plenty of it!

Smoking Tip #3: See #2

Cheers! ?

Darrell
Damnit it bro, now you got me looking for a freakin kegerator to go next to the RT ?

Thanks guys. Super stoked about all this.

LMAO! That's the way to do it!

I'd actually love to have a couple of taps on hand. Perhaps that might become a reality once I'm able to build my outdoor kitchen, :)
Right there with you brother! Although gonna wait on the outdoor kitchen/bar until I upgrade to a house with more land...hopefully by then I'll have the RT thing down a little. Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back