Good morning from Kansas!

Randy720

Grill(s) owned
  1. Patio Legend 410
After looking around on this site for a while, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered myself a Flagship and I’m super excited. I got a couple questions for all of you, do you foil the grease tray, leave it as is or use the Teflon liners? Secondly, how many of you use your second shelf to cook on with a water pan on the lower shelf?
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all. Have a great day.

Welcome to the forum.

There is no right or wrong, some do, some don’t, and yes, some use or tried the teflon. I used foil for a year or so then tried without, takes less time to clean it without foil and I see no difference in use, it’s not like the foil was 100% effective, somehow the grease gets under it no matter how careful you are. So try all 3 and see which you prefer.

No help from me for the shelf question.

Welcome to the forum.
As far as the second shelf I added one to my 700 but not to make room for a water pan (I rarely use one). I use the second shelf to get the protein farther from the heat source. For me it has made a big difference in my briskets. Plus I can put a piece of foil with the edges turned up or a foil pan, depending on what I’m cooking, under the meat on the first shelf to catch the drippings/grease. Makes cleanup super easy.

I tried foil on the drip tray initially but found scraping to be faster/easier for me.

Welcome to the forum; glad to have you here with us. As for foil, I use it. I’ve never tried teflon trays or going without, but the foil has worked very well for me.

Hello from Kansas as well. I have tried all three and just finally given up on the Teflon and foil as it didn’t matter…grease will work its way under. I just leave it uncovered and clean up like I did with the foil and teflon.

Welcome from VA! I personally never use foil, always just scrape the grime off with a putty knife.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back