charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Does anyone have a source tor the correct size grease drip bucket liners that fit the RT bucket?

I like to use large pickle jars, they have a wider opening that helps catch the grease from the smokebox. Large sour cream containers work great too and both of these items would have just got thrown out so technically they don't cost you anything. After your done cooking put the lid on and it keeps the critters and dogs out of the drippings.

The liners fit good. Containers that you are able to put a lid on is a great option as mentioned.

I've also added a small double-folded U-shaped piece of aluminum foil that I tuck under the grease spout so it goes between the spout and into the glass jar in the bucket. This provides a cheap trough to make sure the grease goes directly into the jar, rather than dripping outside it. Makes for easier cleanup.

I don't do anything but wash the bucket every 3-4 cooks. Same with the drip pan. Life is too short to fool with foil IMO.

I don't do anything but wash the bucket every 3-4 cooks. Same with the drip pan. Life is too short to fool with foil IMO.
I am a rookie and a little OCD. I will probably vacuum out the bottom and fire pot before each use and change the drip pan foil too. I am really concerned of grease fires and back burns until I get some experience built up.

I am a rookie and a little OCD. I will probably vacuum out the bottom and fire pot before each use and change the drip pan foil too. I am really concerned of grease fires and back burns until I get some experience built up.
You stand more chance of a grease fire with foil on the drip pan. The pan is smooth. What doesn't run off cooks onto the pan. Wrinkled foil doesn't drain as well. What you don't want to do is cook something greasy like chicken or burgers and immediately turn the grill off. Let it run for 10-15 minutes after you are done especially in cold weather. How often you clean the fire pot depends a lot on the pellets you use. Don't over think it. It ain't rocket science.

You stand more chance of a grease fire with foil on the drip pan. The pan is smooth. What doesn't run off cooks onto the pan. Wrinkled foil doesn't drain as well. What you don't want to do is cook something greasy like chicken or burgers and immediately turn the grill off. Let it run for 10-15 minutes after you are done especially in cold weather. How often you clean the fire pot depends a lot on the pellets you use. Don't over think it. It ain't rocket science.
Thanks for the tip. When you let it run for 10-15 minutes after you are done, should it be turned down some too?

Totally agree foil is not your friend on the drip pan..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back