Bull Grill Cover?

Macguy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My Bull arrives tomorrow.

Purchased a slew of accessories and rubs but passed on the grill cover.

My Bull will be stored inside an attached garage out of the elements and rolled out when needing to grill - thoughts on the grill cover?

Should I buy one and use anyway?

Should point out I live in Orlando so humidity is like 150% most of the time (or at least feels like it) - THANKS.

6 rack of ribs for my first cook tomorrow!

I would say your good, mine lives outdoors and is always plugged in so a cover is a must.

I agree - if you're storing in a garage then I say leave it nekkid. My Stampede lives outside, similar to ifican, so a cover is necessary in my opinion.

I see no need for a grill cover if I'm you @Macguy.

My RecTec Bull is stored under a covered deck, but I DO use a cover. Only because there is still a chance for it to get wet during windy rain storms.

Even still I really don't NEED one, but do so as some added protection. In your case there is really no why for it to be in the elements unless you're cooking. In which case a cover wouldn't do you any good anyways.

Thanks, Mike - kinda my thoughts also and it looks like a pain to get on and off if I use the Bull regularly (which I plan on doing).

I use the cover and it is stored inside my garage also very humid. I use it more of a dust cover... But to each his own...it's a quality cover.

Anything stored in a garage is subject to huge amounts of dust. My last house had one and no matter how welled sealed I thought I had it there was always a layer within a day or so. So for me dust protection as well as Weather!
It really is a very nice cover and it goes on and off smooth as butter....pretty much like all of the meat that comes off o the grill as well. Best purchase of my life thus far!

Like sctgd, I am in NJ and my 680 stays outside on my deck year round with a cover. When I use the grill in the winter, I keep the cover inside after taking it off so it stays pliable and easier to put back on the grill when the cook is finished.

Like sctgd, I am in NJ and my 680 stays outside on my deck year round with a cover. When I use the grill in the winter, I keep the cover inside after taking it off so it stays pliable and easier to put back on the grill when the cook is finished.
In the winter sometimes its easier to put cover back on because it stays in the same shape that it was when it came off . Frozen in place. The covers for my three Kamados and my electric smoker actually standup on their own during the winter months from being frozen . No sun in my back yard. The cover for my Stampede is same brand and style that I used on my weber genesis that I gave to my son after getting stampede in May . I assume it will do the same and I will be able to park cover in corner of patio standing on it's own when weather turns cold. Maybe I'll take some pictures and post them come winter .Really makes it easier to reinstall.

Last edited:
I bought my Bull’s cover from RT and I must say it’s like hand-to-hand combat putting it on as it seems it’s really too small for this monster. Once it’s on, it looks and works great. Just my 0.02

I've found the key is a little at a time, but once over the Horn handles... then you're good.

I think most of us have struggled with the on and off of our bull 700 covers. I've tried many different tactics before coming up with the "right way" for me. Now it's a breeze to take on and off. Mine sits on the driveway with full exposure, so the cover is a must.

I found an easy way for me is to roll from one side to the middle then the other side to the middle then fold back to middle and front to middle....sounds like a lot but I swear it takes less than a min on or off.
Mine is also particularly weird because I have the smoke box addon.

Just trying to help...YMMV

I found an easy way for me is to roll from one side to the middle then the other side to the middle then fold back to middle and front to middle....sounds like a lot but I swear it takes less than a min on or off.
Mine is also particularly weird because I have the smoke box addon.

Just trying to help...YMMV
This method works best for me as well.

@macabra11 Just curious what you don't like about the RecTec one?

I've learned they fit fairly tight, but do loosen and get more manageable after time.
Helps to follow a pattern when taking it on and off also.
Example: lay it on top then cover the exhaust pipe first, after that working the Horn handles into the process is key* Imo it's a pretty well constructed cover though.

Last edited:
@macabra11 Just curious what you don't like about the RecTec one?

I've learned they fit fairly tight, but do loosen and get more manageable after time.
Helps to follow a pattern when taking it on and off also.
Example: lay it on top then cover the exhaust pipe first, after that working the Horn handles into the process is key* Imo it's a pretty well constructed cover though.
I have no first hand knowledge of the Rec Tec cover other than reading reviews and seeing it online in videos. To me, it just looked like it could stand to be improved some and I know that there are some really great aftermarket cover companies out there.

I've had a Villacera cover for my gas grill for 4-5 years now and it is like new. I really like how easy it is to get on/off, and I also like that it isn't black!

The tan color goes better with my house/patio and doesn't show dirt, dust and fading (a big prob where I live) as much as a black cover.

I am not saying I won't end up with a RT cover, but I'd like to find some other options before pulling the trigger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back