Grill gloves

Sdyork

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I reckon I’m going to need a good pair of grill gloves now that my bull is on its way.
Any suggestions… Maybe ones that can be cleaned easily…

I got a pair of these on Amazon from BBQ Works. They work very well for me and can be washed.

Attachments

• gloves.jpg
    gloves.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 81
I have a few Pit Mit's that I use for general oven and any grilling. They work pretty good and have some decent thermal resistance properties to them. They're not so bulky that you can't do much wearing them. They withstand the handle on my CI skillet coming out of a 550 oven, though you don't want to take your time going to a hot pad to set it down.

1590698138972.png

I bought a set of these, all the fingers are the same length, about 2-2.5 inches. On my XL hands they fit terribly, I could only bend at the 1st and 2nd joints. Sent them back and use my welding gloves. They do get grunged up but I wash them off and let them dry in the sun.
gloves.jpg

I bought a set of these, all the fingers are the same length, about 2-2.5 inches. On my XL hands they fit terribly, I could only bend at the 1st and 2nd joints. Sent them back.View attachment 4308
There are many things I don't recommend getting online, these gloves are one of them, shoes are next and last but not least is singineftc others.

Last edited:
I just use the nitrile gloves over a pair of cotton gloves when handling...I can't even bring myself to say what I need to say here...HOT MEAT! THERE! I SAID IT! Otherwise I just use the nitrile during prep.

P.S. Please don't judge me. :giggle:

I have some BBQ gloves but nitrile over cotton knit gloves work just as well if not better. Good temperature protection and better dexterity than the bulkier ones.
I use the same exact nitrile/cotton knit glove combo for handling food too. I use those huge gloves for scraping down my Bull's drip pan after eating while the grill is still warm, removing hot grates, my griddle, etc. Using the nitrile/cotton combo for that is way to hot for me, even with the heavy duty gloves rated at 900 plus deg. F. I can feel the heat coming through, but not so much I can't finish the job. You're right about the heavy duty gloves being bulkier with zero dexterity though.

I got some off Amazon similar to Padlin00. they work well for protecting from heat and easy to get on and off. I use cotton liners and nitrile gloves more than the grill gloves.

When I take cakes or bread out of the oven, I always have a hard time turning them out gently because I am limited by my baking mitts and sort of end up dumping out the cake or bread. With Grill Armor Extreme, I can maneuver so much better, with separate fingers, I can grab the edges of the pans and then also grab the cooling rack or plate.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back