Happy Gobble Gobble!

1700746108247.png

Seems everyone is cooking today as evidence I introduce the RT app. ☹️ my bird is smoking away but no cock data for Nov. 23. And soon it will be time to eat. Yum.
IMG_1443.png

Same back at y'all, I did 3 10lb breasts yesterday evening, now the beautifully carved and succulent smoke kissed meat is warming up very slowly at 170 degrees for the 2pm foodfest.
Wait minute @Motodad1776 , I thought two breasts wasn't enough and three was too many 🤔

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our forum family; may you and yours have a wonderful day. Here at our house, we have much to be thankful for and hope that’s the case for all of you.

As for grilling, I fired up the gasser a couple hours ago and used the sear station to cook a couple of small filets so we could start the day with steak and eggs. We’re going to our daughter’s later today, so I’m not grilling any more today. Saturday, however, I’m doing a 6# prime rib on the RT-340. It has been dry-aging for the past week and should be ready for “prime time” on Saturday.

Best wishes to all.

Hope everyone had a very happy day. My sister hosted about 30 of us. I live around the corner from her, my brother smoked a full turkey on his Traeger and I did two breasts and a ham on the Deck Boss 590. Turned out great! I may need to check the probe calibration though, first time using them and I think they may have been reading low. Still, with the injection and wrapping and resting after they came off at ~160 they were so good and juicy. First time doing a ham, happy with that too.

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

Same to you. Tomorrow (Friendsgiving) I will do a 22lb American Wagyu Full Packer Brisket (actually it is already on for a 20 hour cook, 16lbs of Pork Shoulder, and a 17lb Turkey. Have a ”few” friends coming over.

Hope everyone had a very happy day. My sister hosted about 30 of us. I live around the corner from her, my brother smoked a full turkey on his Traeger and I did two breasts and a ham on the Deck Boss 590. Turned out great! I may need to check the probe calibration though, first time using them and I think they may have been reading low. Still, with the injection and wrapping and resting after they came off at ~160 they were so good and juicy. First time doing a ham, happy with that too.

View attachment 20645

View attachment 20646
How do you carve up a spiral ham? I feel like I’m supposed to get a ham steak out of it, but never really achieved that nice of a slice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back