Hello from Orlando! Stampede on the way.....hopefully

JFCT86

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hello All! My fascination with with pellet poopers started by walking through Lowe's and eyeing the Pitboss Pro's. I am a research nut so it didn't take me long to figure out it was pretty much RecTec or bust! I spent at least 2 weeks lurking various forums, Facebook posts, and review threads trying to decide between the Stampede and the Bull. I have never smoked anything in my life but can't wait to smoke everything from brisket to ice cubes! After almost researching myself into a depression....I pulled the plug on the Stampede. It was a combination of price and space. I have a specific place on my patio that it will live once I ditch the old gasser and the Bull just seemed like a monster. Someday I hope to buy a house with a space big enough for the BFG :LOL: @Uncle Bob 's "Worried that the Stampede is too small?" thread really helped with my decision, so thanks Uncle Bob! I was also raised as a carpenters son and have a knack for woodworking so I am brainstorming ideas to make a bada$$ wood folding shelf for the Stampede.

For now I am checking the status on my shipment every 10 minutes but hopefully soon I will be smokin'!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, @JFCT86! I've had my Stampede for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. Plenty of room for anything I would want to cook. My brother has a Bull and loves his as well. He entertains more often, so he utilizes the extra cooking space. For me, the Stampede is the perfect size.

I'm completely new to smoking as well, but this thing makes me look like a pro... unbelievable.

@JFCT86 Welcome to the the Rec Tec family! Congratulations on your new acquisition. @Uncle Bob review of the Stampede is phenomenal and really gets you thinking into whats right for you. I agree...if I had more space I would want that BFG too!! Someday ;)

Again Welcom and lets see those first smokes!!

Welcome aboard brother, and thanks for the kind words. My grandfather was the town carpenter of the tiny burg in Kansas where I was born, so some kindred spirit stuff there.

Welcome! I'm a newly christened Stampede owner as well and have been lovin it! The people here are awesome as well, lots of good information to be had.

Happy Smokin!

Welcome to Rec Tec. You are going to love your Stampede and the smoked meats you will serve up friends and family. I have the older version of the Bull, and have loved it since day 1. Matter of fact, I have about 50# of pork shoulder/butt on the pit right now, in preparation for serving pulled pork at my daughter graduation party on Saturday. Hope to share with everyone once completed. Sorry to hijack your post, I know the wait is hard, but ohhhhh so worth it on delivery day!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back