Pizza Homemade Pizza Sauce and some really good ones you can buy!

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This is my family's pizza sauce that I created years ago, it is really good. But if you are looking for something quick and easy and really good, I would suggest the following:

Botticelli Marinara Premium Pasta Sauce and Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce. Both use natural ingredients and have similar ingredients to my sauce. They both use Italian tomatoes which are sweeter than the US brands. Lately when I am not in the mood to create my own sauce, I have been using the Botticelli for my pies, the sauce is a bit thicker than the Rao's, but you will be happy with either one.

Pizza Sauce – Not Cooked

Ingredients
(Makes enough for 3 pizzas)
Yield: 14 oz. of sauce (1.5 cups), enough for 3 12″ thin crust pizzas. Place 4.5 oz. of sauce in 3 baggies for storage, freeze for later use.

1 28oz can Nina San Marzano (Costco or 1 106 oz. can La San Marzano Italian Peeled Tomatoes with basil)

1/8 t granulated garlic powder or small clove grated

¼ t sea salt

¼ t Black Pepper

½ t Oregano

1/8 t Crushed Red Pepper

The garlic flavor will get stronger if sits overnight. Adjust to your preference.

Directions

Remove tomatoes from the can and add to a strainer over a large bowl (keep juice in can).

Remove and discard the basil, remove the area where the stem connects to the tomatoes and throw that part away. Next, hand crush the tomatoes and allow to drain for about 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.

Move the tomatoes into another bowl add the remaining juices. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano and mix well.
Allow the sauce to sit covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour; the sauce will taste better the next day. Freeze any extra sauce.

Note I like to make a large batch at one time and freeze, normally quadruple the recipe, this should yield 54 oz.

Attachments

• sauce 1.jpg
    sauce 1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 100
  • sauce 2.jpg
    sauce 2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 77
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 81
  • rao.png
    rao.png
    828.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back