Bull I got my new Bull!

jasonvr

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Arrived today via Saia LTL Freight. I called to arrange the appointment yesterday and got a timeslot between 10 an 2 today. I asked them to call 30 minutes prior and they did and the guy was literally turning into my neighborhood as I was. He took it all the way to the designated location via the pallet jack and dropped it there. No idea what I'm going to do with the pallet, but.... The only problem I encountered was that the phone number they had for me was wrong. Since I ordered thru Amazon, Amazon masks my phone number and instead gives a generic number with an extension that is supposed to go to me. Unfortunately, it didn't go to me and instead went to someone at the Los Angeles Dept of Water and Power! Luckily I was tracking it and called them rather than waiting for a call from them

I had to stay late at work today, so I only got it mostly assembled. I haven't put the smokestack on or done the internal stuff yet (including vacuuming out the little bits of Styrofoam). Packaging overall was quite good. Everything felt secure. I'd say my only complaint is the way the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc) is packaged. Being sealed so tight in that plastic casing makes it hard to get out without everything flying everywhere.

On the instruction front, I'd actually rate it pretty poor. There are no instructions in the box, instead you use a QR code to get to a digital manual. It has some external links in it, like to the video, but some of them didn't work on my phone (but did on my laptop). The pictures are much to far away to understand what is going on, especially for the leg bolts. At a very minimum it should list quantities (two per leg at 90 degrees to each other) and point out clearly which of the 3-4 types of bolts to use on each part of the grill. I'm an engineer so I can infer a lot, but others may not be able to. I also watched the video and they skip over portions of the install. They don't talk about the leg support brackets at all, nor about removing the 4 shipping bolts. Those are only in the digital manual. And the digital manual on the website appears to be out of date. The one linked to by the QR code shows the leg support brackets, but the website link doesn't. Looks like a change in the design recently which would explain it missing in the video

Finally, a bit of disappointment. When I opened the box, I was greeted with a piece of paper telling my my front shelf was backordered! No prior notice and it isn't listed as out of stock on the website... So I've got to wait for that.

IMG_20190604_205504_1.jpg
IMG_20190604_204329.jpg

I’m in the same boat. However I have UPS set to notify me anytime I have something sent to me. My shelf was shipped the day after my bull was sent to me. It’ll be here next Tuesday.

Very recent as far as I can tell. Over in the Rec Tec Facebook users group there are a couple of people reporting it.

Pics of new legs

MVIMG_20190605_200637.jpg
IMG_20190605_200628.jpg
IMG_20190605_200632.jpg

The leg themselves look wider and more of a rectangle in shape then the small square legs on other RecTec Bulls.

But I really like the metal brace to reinforce each side legs. Nice touch indeed. The fact that the new legs are angled a bit should really help with the top heavy issue as well. I really like the new look.

And just like that, my shelf arrived today. Again, no notification from RecTec and it never showed up on UPS MyChoice. Got it installed, though it was a bit difficult with the grill already being upright. The right side bolt hols were not well aligned and I essentially had to screw the bolt all the way in so I could attach the washers and nut on the inside.

BTW, someone over on Facebook is reporting there will be a leg upgrade kit. 49.99 if you purchased in April or May. 149.99 otherwise

I just assembled mine, and the legs are angled out. It seems solid.

My legs are angled how is that going to affect the wheel mod??
Great question. I'm sure the mod is still do-able if you wanted to if for nothing else the extra height.

I'm hoping to order my stand upgrade very soon so I can try it out myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back